The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-12-13, 10:06 AM
titslavell
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Unhappy Help! Just downloaded & burned 10 DVDs & ALL have sync problems

What a drag. Serves me right for not checking and assuming that it would be fine. I burned them in Nerovision. They were VLC files and I had to leave out small title files(nero wouldnt let me burn images and video at the same time it seems)

What could I have done wrong and is there an "after the fact" way of downloading these DVDs to my hardrive and using some software to correct the sync problem?

Any advice is intensely appreciated

Thanks!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-12-13, 10:17 AM
94.14 GB/74.04 GB/0.79

Re: Help! Just downloaded & burned 10 DVDs & ALL have sync problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by titslavell
What a drag. Serves me right for not checking and assuming that it would be fine. I burned them in Nerovision. They were VLC files and I had to leave out small title files(nero wouldnt let me burn images and video at the same time it seems)

What could I have done wrong and is there an "after the fact" way of downloading these DVDs to my hardrive and using some software to correct the sync problem?

Any advice is intensely appreciated

Thanks!

Try burning at the slowest speed you possibly can. If you haven't done that already, try one and see if it helps. Also make sure that the media is compatable. I have one burner that won't burn the old 2.4X speed and get sync errors like you have.

Hope the slower burn helps you.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-12-13, 11:02 AM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

Nero vision is not a burning program. It is an authoring program. ALL dvds here will NOT need authoring. You should use nero express and jsut drag the whole video_ts folder on to the one on the left screen and click burn. It's possible the sync issues came about from reauthoring. Nero is not a good program for authoring.
Old 2006-12-13, 04:13 PM
titslavell
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Thanks for the reply folks. I will definately give both ideas a whirl.
Since I no longer have the downloaded files(will take forever) is there any way of putting them back on my hardrive and using any software to Correct the sync problem?

I'm reaching right..?
Old 2006-12-13, 04:16 PM
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

that's hard to do. It would take longer to explain it than to redownload the files.
Old 2006-12-14, 09:07 AM
titslavell
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Last reply if you don't mind. I was Successful at getting the file burned without sync problems. Wahoo! However, because I dragged the whole folder to be burned, it came out as 1 file. (even though, it listed all the individual files) So you can't skip between sections. Do you know how at a certain point, when all the individual files are listed in left hand column, how you can drag the whole folder as you described AND retain the individual files for skipping around?

Thanks a ton
Old 2006-12-15, 03:21 PM
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

dragging the whole folder over doesn't really have anything to do with how it was tracked ( if it was at all ). The individual .vob files don't contain the info for the tracking. yes you can preview them singularly but that's not how DVDs read the file structure.

It sounds like your dvd wasn't tracked. If you play it in a player ( like powerDVD ) on your computer( the files preburned ) does it have tracks? I bet it doesn't. If it does let me know.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble