The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-01-10, 03:12 PM
147.43 GB/269.18 GB/1.83

I'm not able to upload a torrent

Hi, I'm not able to upload a torrent. I get the message "Upload of file failed".
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-01-10, 03:21 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: I'm not able to upload a torrent

There are several reasons listed on the upload page for that error:

Quote:
If you get a torrent upload error, here are a couple things to look for:
- your announce url may be incorrect. Open the torrent in a text editor and make the announce url above is listed near the top of the torrent file. There should be a number "56" in front of the announce url.
- the file size is too big. Some torrent making applications make HUGE torrent files. Try using Azureus or uTorrent to make the torrent file.
- the torrent is already on the tracker. The tracker looks at the torrent hash. To get by this, change your text file slightly and make a new torrent. Also, give the torrent file a slightly different name.

If your torrent uploads fine, but then when you hit submit you get kicked back to this page:
- look to see if there are errors listed above the form. They will be in bold red.
- if there are no errors, it is probably that you reached the max length of the thread title or thread body. So, remove some of the text (you have to have some in the text boxes or you will get a bold red error) and after you are successful uploading the thread, you may add additional information in the second post.
edit: I see a Corrs torrent that you recently put up there. Did you upload it, leave the page and then try to upload it again? I can delete that one.

edit again: I did delete that one since it was put up about an hour ago and must have been a 'goof'.

Old 2008-01-10, 03:34 PM
147.43 GB/269.18 GB/1.83

Thanks, the Corrs torrent now is uploaded again but I can not submit the new thread.
Old 2008-01-10, 04:02 PM
147.43 GB/269.18 GB/1.83

Now it's ok. The thread title was to long. Thanks for your help.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble