The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-01-10, 09:00 AM
Rammer Jammer
91.94 GB/62.06 GB/0.67

my first upload

I uploaded my first show last night, but woke up this morning to see comments about how this upload was not in good etiquette. It was moe. 12/31/07 mtx (flac), and the poster said that it's currently being seeded on bt.etree.org and the archive, and that I would probably upset the person who went to all the trouble to up it at those sites. So, I pulled the torrent- there were NO leechers/NO seeders- NObody got on it all night thankfully. However, it's still showing in the audio torrents list. How can I delete the announcement thread? Also, is there a rule to follow regarding uploading stuff that is seeding on other sites? Also (mods) can I get a newbie pass on this one? I'm trying to share the music and didn't know that I was breaking any rules=)
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-01-10, 10:02 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: my first upload

In order to 'pull' a show properly, you need to let the Mods know that you want the show pulled. They are the only ones who can pull the show and get the torrent off the tracker. To do this, you hit the Report this Post/Torrent button, , and tell them you want the show pulled.

I will pull the show for you.

As far as uploading it and the comments about not being in good etiquette, the nice thing to do is to let the torrent run it's course over at the original site - especially if it is a public site like btree. If the torrent is on a private site where registration is closed, then it isn't quite as important to let it run it's course over there. It's more iffy in that situation. But, you typically should let the torrent run at the original site until it isn't so active, then upload it somewhere else to give it a new life.

Old 2008-01-10, 10:26 AM
Rammer Jammer
91.94 GB/62.06 GB/0.67

Re: my first upload

Thank you. I had no idea. I will keep that in mind now=)

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble