The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-05-25, 02:27 PM
88.80 GB/146.99 GB/1.66

Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

I've given up.
I was half way through downloading two torrents when the tracker was changed. Came home to find that I'd been "Logged For Trying To Cheat" (!!!) but followed the directions and dumped the old torrent, downloaded new ones only to be told that I "Have Exceeded (something...) " and that I "Cannot Leech From More Than One Destination", or something like that!
After several attempts, I have junked the half-completed files and torrents.
Maybe I'll try another one in a few days when it's settled down - in the meantime, I'll see if anyone will help me with a "Snail-Mail" trade...

Pure frustration...
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-05-25, 02:30 PM
16.26 GB/21.73 GB/1.34

I'm getting a "connection limit exceeded" failure with Utorrent.
I'm listed 3 times on the Beatles Winter torrent.
Not sure if it is related to the passkey thing.
My computer has been crashing a few times lately.
Never had that error before though
Old 2006-05-25, 02:35 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hey freewheelin,

You can give up, or you can help me out with the errors. I have been working on this since yesterday morning - nonstop. (Well, I did sleepl.) Hearing about the errors has helped me out alot. I did have someone write to siteadmin about that cheat message (was that you?) and so I've disabled that part of the code. Exact errors help me a lot so that I can search through the code and see what is up.

Old 2006-05-25, 02:37 PM
221.43 GB/335.13 GB/1.51

Looks like i spoke to soon. Just jumped on some completed torrents to help seed and got an error message trying to seed Jack Johnson Austin City Limits. It shows no seeds and no leechers for the torrent and after connecting and checking the file it gave me an error message but on the 2nd try it didnt give any error messages. Now its sitting there completed and it looks like its waiting for others to jump on so i can connect to someone and seed but it might just be stalling out. Im not really sure
Old 2006-05-25, 02:42 PM
1.53 TB/1.52 TB/0.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
But have you tried Bit Tornado in the last hour? What was the error you were getting? If I get the errors, then I know what I should be looking to solve.
Don't know to whom you addressed this, but I did indeed try it in the last hour (various ways) and tornado kept giving me error msg. Unfortunately I didn't record them; only recall bad tracker and/ or no such torrent. I have already switched to Azureus and removed BitTornado from the machine.
I also seem to have "lost" data as Az doesn't seem to recognize all the folders contents. (A side issue.)
Old 2006-05-25, 02:45 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy_hazy
I'm getting a "connection limit exceeded" failure with Utorrent.
I'm listed 3 times on the Beatles Winter torrent.
Not sure if it is related to the passkey thing.
My computer has been crashing a few times lately.
Never had that error before though
You've got ghosts.

Your ghosts will get cleared after a while and the error will go away (I've meanwhile allowed 3 leechers with your id per torrent). However, if you want your ghosts to go away right now, you can go to your member profile (click on your name in the users list) and hit the Delete Ghosts right next to where it allows you to add you to your buddy or ignore list.

Hope that helps!

Old 2006-05-25, 02:49 PM
316.07 GB/459.52 GB/1.45

Notes Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

Hi,

BitComet working fine since almost 22 hours, but there are still tracker response errors for single torrents; status of some torrents changing from time to time between o.k. and error (20 personalized torrents downloaded; 19 for seeding, 1 for leaching): for example

Error: Tracker Response Error:info_hash error : torrent not registered with this tracker in Tracker: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...6747d08c2103d6

but up- & download still continues, even if tracker response errors are reportet; no ratio changes for account since working with new torrents.

Please stop the old tracker to give us the chance to continue downloading with new torrents! Sorry for my bad American English.

All the best
Old 2006-05-25, 02:49 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakPeter
Don't know to whom you addressed this, but I did indeed try it in the last hour (various ways) and tornado kept giving me error msg. Unfortunately I didn't record them; only recall bad tracker and/ or no such torrent. I have already switched to Azureus and removed BitTornado from the machine.
I also seem to have "lost" data as Az doesn't seem to recognize all the folders contents. (A side issue.)
Well, there are several people successfully using Bit Tornado right now. Perhaps you had an outdated version? People with bittorrent and bit tornado where getting the bad tracker message until this morning when I made some changes to the announce script.

As for losing data, what happens is your torrent client may have only completed a certain amount of a 'packet'. If you switch clients, it starts that packet over and that is why you don't have as much completed.

Old 2006-05-25, 03:03 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

BitTornado 0.3.8 seems to be working without errors but,
I've got 5 completed torrents open with BitTornado 0.3.8 and although some have leechers I am not connecting yet. Seemed as though there was an initial flash of peer connections but none stuck.
heres one of them.
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=21181

Quote:
You've got ghosts.

you can go to your member profile (click on your name in the users list) and hit the Delete Ghosts right next to where it allows you to add you to your buddy or ignore list.

Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper

Last edited by diggrd; 2006-05-25 at 03:08 PM.
Old 2006-05-25, 03:17 PM
The Happy Guy
559.93 GB/1.09 TB/1.99

sweet ! bit torrent is working again...
thanks alot for getting that one working....

Old 2006-05-25, 03:20 PM
124.21 GB/125.92 GB/1.01

Bit Tornado is working for me. Now I can send Azereus back to the land of wind and shadows.

Thanks for all the hard work and for putting up with the same question 400 times.
Old 2006-05-25, 03:23 PM
V.I.P. Very Immense Penis
599.73 GB/477.23 GB/0.80

Well, hell, I just sat around & waited for a day, using Azureus 2.1.0.4 & had those common errors, torrent not whatever, passkey whatever... Woke up this morning & thought, why not log out? Been on remember me for a while. Re-downloaded the torrent files yet again & it works. Now I can get back to seeding those 2 Beatles dvd's & the Bad Company thing as soon as I'm done uploading some stuff to a newsgroup. They don't care about copyrights, heh. Anyway, I'm sure glad I finished off my downloads of these 3 dvd's before things changed, otherwise I would've been just one among the many going, what? Don't know if logging out & back in again will work for you or if it all got sorted out by the one & only U2Lynne but I'm happy & that's all that counts, eh? Sorry my share ratio is so shabby, I'll try & improve it in the days to come... Thanks for all your work, darling. I love you.
Old 2006-05-25, 04:07 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

Just jumped on a new torrent with BitTornado and everything is working fine both upload and download. Don't know why those completed torrents won't connect?

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2006-05-25, 04:10 PM
TTD VIP
1.37 TB/1.13 TB/0.82

HI Lynne,

I just wanted you to know that I'm still experiencing seeding to peers via Azureus, but I am not seeing the downloaders on TTD peer list. Is that a glitch?

I have configured Azureus to disable DHT and I have restarted the torrent several times over the past couple of hours. TTD is showing my uploading data but its not showing that I am uploading the data to any connected downloaders.
Old 2006-05-25, 04:16 PM
16.26 GB/21.73 GB/1.34

Quote:
You've got ghosts.

Your ghosts will get cleared after a while and the error will go away (I've meanwhile allowed 3 leechers with your id per torrent). However, if you want your ghosts to go away right now, you can go to your member profile (click on your name in the users list) and hit the Delete Ghosts right next to where it allows you to add you to your buddy or ignore list.

Hope that helps!
Thank you.....That worked great.
Did'nt know that option was available.
Those ghosts were there since yesterday.....my computer was off overnight....I figured they would be long gone by now.....so I was a little concerned

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions