The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-05-30, 08:12 PM
264.83 GB/288.21 GB/1.09

Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

Yep looks like that. This is what I have......
d8:announce97:http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ce.php?passkey

I thought it was an annouce issue myself? Also, the number of peers and seeders matches in both the tracker and the client.

What is the next step to resolving this? (thanks for your help )

Last edited by Chuffer; 2006-05-30 at 08:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-05-30, 09:12 PM
36.98 GB/52.39 GB/1.42

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakat
Starman is using uTorrent. He's only having problems here and on my tracker. He said it works fine at Dime. I haven't had any one else encounter this problem, since you know who back when....Starman's torrent files are all ok, too. I checked them yesterday.
I tried utorrent 1.2.2 at first because I liked it and it was fine everywhere until Kat's recently and now here....I have uninstalled it and used the search function in my OS Win XP to find every bit of utorrent and get rid of it, I tried Torrent Storm which is never updated anymore but still worked fine everywhere...I tried the latest version of the original BT client, and I'm currently seeding a Tull show at Dime with the latest stable utorrent build (at least I was before I came to work this pm) and still got the same errors ONLY here and Kats tracker ( Kats track fever, ba na na...Kats track fever, ba na na) EVER.....
I use a clean-up software too, to get rid of broken shortcuts, defunct uninstallers, invalid registry keys etc. and I then re-installed my client....
I'll try the DHT thing when I get home.....
I'd tell my kid to try it now, but I don't want to get mad at him if he screws up....I'll try tonight, but prolly won't post about it until tomorrow, as you should all be nighty night by then....
Thanks again for all the help, sorry to be a pain in the ass....

"We all got it coming, kid." ~ William Munny

suicide nazi gunslinger blazin' down the hall tonight ~ PJ Stevey

in your pomp and all your glory, you're a poorer man than me, as you lick the boots of death born out of fear ~ Ian Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic View Post
Because we can't get by without [you].
Old 2006-05-30, 10:06 PM
fade on the downbeat
56.75 GB/125.05 GB/2.20

Ok, kat's little brain has truly been fried with your tracker issues. I read kats track fever...banana.... Meh, never like Nugent that much anyway,..

Luckily for you Mr. Starman, I love pains in the ass...WAIT...that is not what I meant.

Oh well, back on it again tomorrow.
Above all, recognize that everything you know is a flat-out lie or is only relatively true in certain restricted and unpleasant situations. ~ Robert Hunter
Old 2006-05-31, 12:20 AM
36.98 GB/52.39 GB/1.42

I never liked "sweaty Teddy" much either, especially that image he carried.....it just popped out ...

in your pomp and all your glory, you're a poorer man than me, as you lick the boots of death born out of fear ~ Ian Anderson

Quote:
Old 2006-05-31, 07:15 AM
15.99 GB/49.98 GB/3.13

turning on DHT is not really going to slove any problems, your still not connceting to peers thru the tracker, hence no error.
Old 2006-05-31, 08:57 AM
fade on the downbeat
56.75 GB/125.05 GB/2.20

We are down to looking at whats different in his settings, now so I saw it, we tried it, you were right. But that was yesterday.

Starman did Bootcity let you on?
Above all, recognize that everything you know is a flat-out lie or is only relatively true in certain restricted and unpleasant situations. ~ Robert Hunter
Old 2006-05-31, 09:11 AM
36.98 GB/52.39 GB/1.42

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakat
We are down to looking at whats different in his settings, now so I saw it, we tried it, you were right. But that was yesterday.

Starman did Bootcity let you on?
Yeah, DHT was enabled on my latest utorrent installation, which I may as well keep.

Yes, Bootcity, Purelivegigs, Dime, a few other trackers I'm not gonna name; all is well on them for me....

Kats Kradle(s), TTD; all is bad on them for me.....

Admit it...you guys just Love my post whoring so much, you don't want to take a chance on losing me to d/l land.....so you banned me from the trackers....

Quote:

Last edited by starman714; 2006-05-31 at 09:16 AM.
Old 2006-05-31, 10:12 AM
36.98 GB/52.39 GB/1.42

p.s. ( all is bad for me on Kats and TTD only since passkey implemented....all good before that....)

Quote:
Old 2006-05-31, 01:48 PM
fade on the downbeat
56.75 GB/125.05 GB/2.20

Not so though, your Genesis torrent was on the passkey system, but that was before I installed the upgraded version. Anyway, I am deleting your account and you can re-register at your leisure. Meanwhile, I am having a little chat with the tracker programmers. Maybe Lupin knows what needs to be done
Old 2006-05-31, 06:11 PM
264.83 GB/288.21 GB/1.09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuffer
Yep looks like that. This is what I have......
d8:announce97:http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ce.php?passkey

I thought it was an annouce issue myself? Also, the number of peers and seeders matches in both the tracker and the client.

What is the next step to resolving this? (thanks for your help )
Yea ...so, still no luck. I no longer get my stats updated wher as I did before this whole pass key thing. DO I have to get a new log in name...I am running out of ideas HELP!!!
Old 2006-05-31, 06:36 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

So, after we moved trackers, you were getting stats in your bt client (after you downloaded the new torrent), right? But, suddenly (today?), you are no longer getting stats either.

And, what client are you using? Is it up-to-date? What OS?

(I apoligize to you and starman for not being right on top of this at the moment. I'm trying to write a cached announce script to hopefully help with our server load and I'm running into problems with it.)

If you want to try this with a new passkey, let me know and I'll reset it for you. But, email me since I'm spending my time on the test site: [email protected]

Old 2006-05-31, 07:05 PM
264.83 GB/288.21 GB/1.09

No, I have not had stats kept on the tracker since the change last week. I am stuck at what I had before the change. My client azureus 2.4.0.2 keeps my UL/DL stats. My "face" is blue and I get bad speeds compared to before. And I never got error messages during all of this. I just re-downloaded the torrent and started her up.

window XP
Old 2006-05-31, 07:59 PM
264.83 GB/288.21 GB/1.09

Update: Only my old torrents don't track. I have tried a few new ones that were never on my machine, and they work just fine

And I did delete and restart the old one a bunch of times
Old 2006-06-01, 03:46 AM
deceased
1.39 GB/3.05 GB/2.19

If you think your passkey could have been compromised, or if it just gets to be a long time that you've had the same one, how do you generate a new one? · I looked throug¨h the links off the Control Panel and couldn't figure it out.

Last edited by dattier; 2006-06-01 at 03:54 AM. Reason: typing error
Old 2006-06-01, 10:41 AM
136.89 GB/189.21 GB/1.38

Unhappy Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

I use ABC & have deleted & redownloaded the torrent a countless amount of times, & keep getting error messages & have been unable to resume my download (Nirvana 1992-01-10 MTV Studios, New York, New York DVD at 91% ) Currently the error message I'm receiving is "11:38 - Problem connecting to tracker - (10061, 'Connection refused')" I deleted the torrent file again & switched to uTorrent, only to receive an error message & be unable to download the torrent once again, the same error message I received in ABC I believe. So I've switched back to ABC because I prefer that program & figure if I'm getting the same result in both I might as well use the one I like. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions