The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-05-25, 01:09 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman
If someone can tell me how to get the passkey to work with Shadow's I would appreciate it, but if not, no biggie.

Cheers, MM
Shadow's is a really old version of Bittornado... fyi there is a certain bug with bittornado where it leaves processes running without killing them properly, even on very recent versions. I used to use that client for a long time and would notice my system getting more and more sluggish over time, eventually requiring a restart. I am using utorrent now and it works on my pc with the new passkey system and is generally great. I don't use azureus here because my beater computer I use for bt & email etc is only 350mHz (can you believe it?).

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-05-25, 01:16 PM
self proclaimed
669.91 GB/687.74 GB/1.03

Talking Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgp43
i'm using Bit Torrent on a PC currently connected to 50 seeds and 14 peers, i'm showing a green light all seems well.....Thanks go to the TTDstaff
BitTorrent is working for me on my PC now
Old 2006-05-25, 01:18 PM
TTD VIP
1.37 TB/1.13 TB/0.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
Shadow's is a really old version of Bittornado... fyi there is a certain bug with bittornado where it leaves processes running without killing them properly, even on very recent versions. I used to use that client for a long time and would notice my system getting more and more sluggish over time, eventually requiring a restart. I am using utorrent now and it works on my pc with the new passkey system and is generally great. I don't use azureus here because my beater computer I use for bt & email etc is only 350mHz (can you believe it?).
Yup, I'm finished with shadow and am digging Azureus.

Since I'm still seeing that I'm seeding to four peers, but none are showing up on TTD peer list, should I check "Private torrent - only accept peers from the tracker" ?
Old 2006-05-25, 01:19 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Thanks for the updates on BitTorrent on PC guys. I'm glad I got it up and running for you!

How about Bit Tornado recently (in the last hour or so was when I made the change here)? I don't have that client on my PC (I only have uTorrent).

Old 2006-05-25, 01:21 PM
123.56 GB/182.85 GB/1.48

Quote:
Yup, I'm finished with shadow and am digging Azureus.

Since I'm still seeing that I'm seeding to four peers, but none are showing up on TTD peer list, should I check "Private torrent - only accept peers from the tracker" ?
Here is how to fully disble DHT in Azureus:
>Tools >Options >Connection >under "Peer Sources - Select the default permitted sources for peer connections" only check "From a tracker"
>Tools >Options >Plugins >Distributed DB >uncheck "Enable the distributed database"
>Tools >Options >Plugins >Distributed Tracker >uncheck "Only track normal torrents when their tracker is unavailable"
>Tools >Options >Sharing >check "Private torrent - only accept torrents from the tracker (This should automatically grey out and disable "Allow decentralized tracker when tracker is unavailable")
>Save >restart Azureus
You should see a red or grey dot and "Disabled" on the bottom of the main Azureus window.
Old 2006-05-25, 01:26 PM
1.53 TB/1.52 TB/0.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Thanks for the updates on BitTorrent on PC guys. I'm glad I got it up and running for you!

How about Bit Tornado recently (in the last hour or so was when I made the change here)? I don't have that client on my PC (I only have uTorrent).

I WAS using Bit Tornado ............ now apparently toast on TD. Tried all the posted tricks and instructions (and a few besides) and no luck getting anywhere with your new system ......... was my favorite
Guess I'll try the latest Azureus
Old 2006-05-25, 01:34 PM
TTD VIP
1.37 TB/1.13 TB/0.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankStar
>Tools >Options >Connection >under "Peer Sources - Select the default permitted sources for peer connections" only check "From a tracker"
>Tools >Options >Plugins >Distributed DB >uncheck "Enable the distributed database"
>Tools >Options >Plugins >Distributed Tracker >uncheck "Only track normal torrents when their tracker is unavailable"
>Tools >Options >Sharing >check "Private torrent - only accept torrents from the tracker (This should automatically grey out and disable "Allow decentralized tracker when tracker is unavailable")
>Save >restart Azureus
You should see a red or grey dot and "Disabled" on the bottom of the main Azureus window.
Thanks!
Old 2006-05-25, 01:34 PM
15.99 GB/49.98 GB/3.13

Quote:
OK, but I'm still seeing that I'm seeding to four peers, but none are showing up on TTD peer list. Should I have also checked "Private torrent - only accept peers from the tracker" ?
Yes, also shut down torrents and client then restart them after you make these changes. This will 'shake' off those connected to you through DHT/Decentralized means.
Old 2006-05-25, 01:35 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

But have you tried Bit Tornado in the last hour? What was the error you were getting? If I get the errors, then I know what I should be looking to solve.

Old 2006-05-25, 01:53 PM
136.01 GB/56.34 GB/0.41

GREAT JOB !!

BitTorrent 4.4.1 Mac OSX is working again !!

Thanks !
Old 2006-05-25, 01:55 PM
TTD VIP
1.37 TB/1.13 TB/0.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmanwill
Yes, also shut down torrents and client then restart them after you make these changes. This will 'shake' off those connected to you through DHT/Decentralized means.
Ahh! OK. So just restarting Azureus is not the same as restarting the torrent?
Old 2006-05-25, 02:05 PM
TTD VIP
1.37 TB/1.13 TB/0.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
But have you tried Bit Tornado in the last hour? What was the error you were getting? If I get the errors, then I know what I should be looking to solve.
Hey good news! It looks like BitTorrent S-5.8.7 (SHADOW's experimental) is now working with the new passkey since I appear to be connect to the tracker, am not seeing any errors, and am showing up on TTD peer list as a seeder. However, I am connected to peers that are not showing on TTD peer list. Therefore, I assume this is a limitation with the old version of the client I am using, and that I am seeding to non-pass key downloaders?
Old 2006-05-25, 02:05 PM
1.62 TB/3.79 TB/2.34

Great Job!!!

You Guys ROCK

Bit Torrent T-0.3.7(BitTornado)

Is working normally

And I'm no longer firewalled
Old 2006-05-25, 02:08 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankStar
>Save >restart Azureus
Thanks for that DankStar! I never wanted to mess with all those settings for fear of really screwing it up, but this is great.
Old 2006-05-25, 02:15 PM
221.43 GB/335.13 GB/1.51

Thanks for all the help. Bit torrent is working fine now. My next question is whether or not the seeder/leecher information showing up in the torrent forums is accurate and if its not when it might be. Also could someone please hop on Red Hot Chilli Peppers 2002-6-4. Im stuck at 50% and would love to finish this up and then seed for a few days. Thanks again to everyone whos working on the site and changes.

Seth

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions