The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-03-25, 11:20 AM
28.87 GB/26.40 GB/0.91

Does TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 Re-encode?

I have a compilation DVD that I put together using TMPGEnc DVD Author 3.

Before I seed it here I want to make sure that I haven't re-encoded the video, thus getting the torrent banned.

Can somebody tell me if TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 re-encodes video?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-03-25, 06:34 PM
Lockout here
561.93 GB/871.08 GB/1.55

Re: Does TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 Re-encode?

Read the manual (FAQ): "Does TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 re-encode the video and audio? Video is fully re-encoded. Audio is re-encoded if you change the format or enable the bi-audio option."

In fact it depends on source, in most cases on its GOP structure. Some videos may be changed invisibly, while others noticeably. Check how looks the video at chapter points, and last frames. Anyway, the video stream never matches md5 after compilation and demuxing.

Don't place chapter marks outside beginning of a frame as it cause nasty pixelation.
Old 2008-03-26, 09:42 AM
28.87 GB/26.40 GB/0.91

Hmm, OK then, better not post it here then just in case. Thanks.
Old 2008-03-27, 10:09 PM
Video Guru
49.89 GB/89.01 GB/1.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel View Post
Read the manual (FAQ): "Does TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 re-encode the video and audio? Video is fully re-encoded. Audio is re-encoded if you change the format or enable the bi-audio option."

In fact it depends on source, in most cases on its GOP structure. Some videos may be changed invisibly, while others noticeably. Check how looks the video at chapter points, and last frames. Anyway, the video stream never matches md5 after compilation and demuxing.

Don't place chapter marks outside beginning of a frame as it cause nasty pixelation.
Slightly mis-leading that as i asked the Pegasys reps about this.The fully is for the full rendering side of the software should it be used,the smart rendering uses the same "output" as their editor which is lossless ..they claim.
The FAQ is somewhat brief and airy on the main point of the program i agree though.

K_K

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble