The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2009-02-17, 09:49 AM
45.97 GB/9.85 GB/0.21

Re: Site Upgrade last Monday - list problems here

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
I didn't change any colors at all - the style and all css for it was left the same. If you hit New Posts - do you get some huge list or just a couple of threads? If just a couple of threads, then the data regarding what is read and what isn't is being saved just fine.

Read and unread threads will only show in the forums, not on the torrents.php page. You are talking about in the Audio or Video Torrents forums page, right?
Maybe this is the disconnect. I am speaking of the torrents list itself. In the past, all the torrents added since I was last logged on were in bold and a darker color, the ones that were on the list previously, whether I had opened them up or not, were in a lighter color (wish I could say what the color was, but it is one of the ones I couldn't tell you what it is, probably a purple or dark blue). I have tried all the suggestions except clearing cookies and cache, which I will try at home. Here, I am using IE 6.0 which seems to have problems with displays on other sites as well. I appreciate the efforts, but it probably is not worth the time to "fix" something that only impacts me, and is not that great a problem anyway. I can adapt.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-02-17, 09:51 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by valcom2 View Post

I was in the TTD default. Tried all the others with no change. Tried the Mark Forums Read, also no change. I will try clearing cache and cookies when I get home, don't want to alter that at work. One thought, I am color blind so if the change is more a subtle color change now rather than a very light vs very dark text change, it is possible I simply cannot see it now.
I'm wondering if your browser is set to ignore style changes.

Can you check
Internet Options > General Tab > Accessibility
and uncheck all 4 options?

then close all browser sessions, reboot, and try again?
Old 2009-02-17, 10:01 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Regarding pop-up notifications for PMs.. those seem to be gone?

I do notice that it makes a little bar at the top of a page, but it only seems to do that for the first page load... subsequent page loads don't have the bar and the only notification is the bolded number in the top-right box.

Is there a way to make the PM notification more noticeable, again?
Old 2009-02-17, 10:28 AM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

I noticed the option is still there in the User Controls for messaging popups, but it doesn't seem to work.
Old 2009-02-17, 10:33 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltman View Post
I noticed the option is still there in the User Controls for messaging popups, but it doesn't seem to work.
I saw that and was wondering if it now only pertains to the notifier bar that comes up... which is ok.. if it came up until the messages were read, but it only seems to show up once, then never again if you don't happen to see it on that page-load
Old 2009-02-17, 10:34 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Maybe this is the disconnect. I am speaking of the torrents list itself. In the past, all the torrents added since I was last logged on were in bold and a darker color, the ones that were on the list previously, whether I had opened them up or not, were in a lighter color (wish I could say what the color was, but it is one of the ones I couldn't tell you what it is, probably a purple or dark blue). I have tried all the suggestions except clearing cookies and cache, which I will try at home. Here, I am using IE 6.0 which seems to have problems with displays on other sites as well. I appreciate the efforts, but it probably is not worth the time to "fix" something that only impacts me, and is not that great a problem anyway. I can adapt.
This page here - http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...s.php?tor=list - has never had bold or non-bold thread titles. I have never had any code in that page that checks to see if the thread has been read before. This page here - http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...splay.php?f=12 - should have some threads in bold when you first come to the site.

Is the second one the page you are having problems with or the first link?

Quote:
Regarding pop-up notifications for PMs.. those seem to be gone?

I do notice that it makes a little bar at the top of a page, but it only seems to do that for the first page load... subsequent page loads don't have the bar and the only notification is the bolded number in the top-right box.

Is there a way to make the PM notification more noticeable, again?
The notification at the top replaced the popups. If people don't like that, I can go back to the old way. It's up to you guys.

Old 2009-02-17, 10:35 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

I'm fine with it.. liked it better, actually, but it doesn't seem to stay beyond the first page load. I keep missing it.
Old 2009-02-17, 10:39 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
I'm fine with it.. liked it better, actually, but it doesn't seem to stay beyond the first page load. I keep missing it.
You should at least have a Your Notifications link under your name if you have a PM waiting for you.

Old 2009-02-17, 10:42 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

yes, but I don't look at me name much

with a 24" screen, that corner is waaayy away from where I'm looking most of the time. People ask for help, and I might not see it for an hour sometimes.

if we can't make the banner thing persist, can we recolor the notification string to bright green or something so it stands out a bit more?
Old 2009-02-17, 11:18 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
if we can't make the banner thing persist, can we recolor the notification string to bright green or something so it stands out a bit more?
Just for you..... it will now go to the same beautiful color that all us mods love when we select several posts or threads to do something with.... suggestions on color welcome.

Old 2009-02-17, 01:22 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

ooh ooh.... awesome! got my attention right away just now.

thanks!

the yellow is perfect

(does this mean I could accidentally merge my status box with a thread, now? )
Old 2009-02-17, 01:29 PM
45.97 GB/9.85 GB/0.21

[quote=U2Lynne;1095087]This page here - http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...s.php?tor=list - has never had bold or non-bold thread titles. I have never had any code in that page that checks to see if the thread has been read before. This page here - http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...splay.php?f=12 - should have some threads in bold when you first come to the site.

The second page is the one I always used before, but I don't seem to get that now when I indicate I want audio torrents. I get the page that looks like your first link. Now this sounds more like a site navigation operator error ---me.
Old 2009-02-17, 04:39 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Ah, the dreaded bio-interface error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2009-02-17, 06:47 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
ooh ooh.... awesome! got my attention right away just now.

thanks!

the yellow is perfect

(does this mean I could accidentally merge my status box with a thread, now? )
Oh My God. *Please* stay away from the Merge button when you have a notice, Gilligan!

Quote:
The second page is the one I always used before, but I don't seem to get that now when I indicate I want audio torrents. I get the page that looks like your first link. Now this sounds more like a site navigation operator error ---me.
The list on the first page is just a list of the 10 most recent threads. They do not get marked read or unread. If you want the Audio Torrents list, then click on the Audio Torrents forum link which you reach on the way down the page to the list. Actually, you are the second person to be confused by this. I think I'll just add a link in the purple bar for All Audio Torrents and All Video Torrents.

Old 2009-02-18, 10:18 AM
45.97 GB/9.85 GB/0.21

I think that would be a great idea.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions