The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-01-19, 03:45 PM
978.19 GB/866.57 GB/0.89

tracker issues??

i've been seeding a few shows for a few days now using azureus (sp?) with no problems, but the past day or so, it says 0 for my upload speed. the site lists me as a seeder for each show, but shows my speed at 0 also. what gives? i'm not firewalled (well, i'm fowarded) and i know there isn't too many seeders, cause i'm the only one. it was showing upload speed for one of them last night, but now nothing. i keep getting messages from the program saying my connection was lost, but i'm still connected. any ideas?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-01-19, 04:01 PM
198.61 GB/204.31 GB/1.03

Re: tracker issues??

well i cant answer your question but ive been having a similar prob, i use utorrent and it says i am uploading say at 20k but the i chk the peers section on TTD and it will show me upping at 3k or somethin?

my list http://www2.phishhook.com/lists/ststephen65?listid=0

my pics http://flickr.com/photos/ststephen65/sets/
Old 2007-01-19, 04:08 PM
267.31 GB/2.55 TB/9.76

the peers section of TTD is meaningless. First, it is not updated often at all, and second - it's always off (at least compared to what my system is telling me).
Old 2007-01-19, 04:10 PM
77.81 GB/134.92 GB/1.73

I belive this has to do with the fact that the TTD tracker only announces every 30 minutes? So in other words the speeds you are seeing were your speeds 30 minutes ago. I'm guessing.

I know it takes something like 30 minutes (or maybe less) for your stats to update...
Old 2007-01-19, 04:25 PM
198.61 GB/204.31 GB/1.03

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbLuck
I belive this has to do with the fact that the TTD tracker only announces every 30 minutes? So in other words the speeds you are seeing were your speeds 30 minutes ago. I'm guessing.

I know it takes something like 30 minutes (or maybe less) for your stats to update...

AHHHH i think you may be right, i was kinda thinkin that

Old 2007-01-19, 05:33 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Yes, your bittorrent clients only 'announce' every 30 minutes (or they should if they are playing right), so the information listed on the Peers List can be 30 minutes old.

chewie, I just checked the four torrents you are on. You are uploading at 0, 5, 16, and 21, on the four torrents, so a total upload of 42. You are downloading at 100. That sounds pretty standard to me. You aren't uploading at all on the 0 one, because you are busy seeding the other shows and they are using your upload rate. If you wish to seed that show, then you need to cap the uploads on the other shows to allow some upload power for that show. That is up to you to determine, the tracker won't decide that for you.

Old 2007-01-19, 05:46 PM
267.31 GB/2.55 TB/9.76

"you mean when my ISP says I get 42KB/sec that doesn't mean for EACH file I upload?"
Old 2007-01-19, 06:05 PM
198.61 GB/204.31 GB/1.03

nope, if you look at your BT client it should list each individual torrent your upping and d/ling, on each one it should list the individual speeds, your isp is showing totals from all of them.........this is at least how utorrent works

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble