The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2009-12-28, 11:21 PM
596.62 GB/1.02 TB/1.75

Did I get ripped off on my ratio?

For the last year, I've left shows seeding, but my ratio stayed the same.
Every once in a while I use CCleaner. The last few months I did not use it, and my ratio finally went up.

On a torrent, I had over 18GB uploaded. I used it tonight and found, After CCleaner, I have nothing.

Does TTD keep my downloading on there side, or do they go by what mine shows? The only way I can explane what happened tonight is it goes by what is on my side.

Did I lose the 18GB I had invested in the torrent? What has been happening is very discouraging to me. I left my computer on 24/7-sometimes, over the last year to get my ratio up.

How does this work?

Thank you,
Chris.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-12-29, 12:00 AM
491.13 GB/783.96 GB/1.60

Re: Did I get ripped off on my ratio?

Hi.
Don't know anything about CCleaner but the site has your stats.
Old 2009-12-29, 09:51 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I have no idea what CCleaner is. Everytime you 'announce' to the tracker, your stats get updated. We keep track of your stats for that torrent until you hit Stop. If you start that torrent again, it only keeps stats for the current session of that torrent - all the old stats are kept in your overall stats though. So, they are there.

Old 2009-12-29, 01:20 PM
Thread Killer
301.22 GB/627.00 GB/2.08

CCleaner (short for CrapCleaner, I believe) "is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner."

http://www.ccleaner.com/

I used it when I ran Windows, and it was a handy tool if you knew how to use it. Most likely it cleaned up the records for your torrent client, but in no way should it have affected your actual ratio. As you've been told, those records are kept by the site - you just lost the data that your torrent client (whatever that is, you didn't specify) stored locally on your h/d. To avoid this in the future, look closely at what files CCleaner is removing from your system BEFORE you delete them, and exclude all references to your torrent client. If you don't know how to do that, either do some reading or don't worry about it.

** edit - I suppose it's possible that some data might have been lost if you ran CCleaner in between tracker updates, but that shouldn't have been significant unless you ran it all the time.

Last edited by harpsichord; 2009-12-29 at 01:23 PM. Reason: added info

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble