The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-11, 03:30 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Re: Generation Question - Master or 1st Gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer View Post
My dear young friend,

You are ABSOLUTELY never going to be a low-gen Led Zeppelin collector...

I'm not too broke up about it.

Quote:
good golly, young Spencer, you need to do a bit more study on the history of the hobby.
I know a bit, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with all of it. In my defense, I probably have spent too much time listening to better bands.

Quote:
Will any stealthed recordings that may possibly captured at the Mile High Music Festival be allowed through the auspices of The Trader's Den?
If somebody wants to pony up my airfare, ticket, food & lodging, I'll be happy to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2010-08-11, 03:34 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Re: TTD Staff: Why don't you follow your own rules?

This has to be one of the most retartedly funny threads in a long time
Old 2010-08-11, 03:34 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew101 View Post
Quote:
Gee, now that begs these questions:

Will any stealthed recordings that may possibly captured at the Mile High Music Festival be allowed through the auspices of The Trader's Den?

Considering this may be a wonderful opportunity for some of the 'entitlement crowd' to test their legal rights, will any staff members of TTD be willing to show up this week in a Colorado court to contest AEG's lawsuit?

What a terrific opportunity for some of you folks to put your money where your mouth is.

Jameskg and dcbullet could represent the entire bootlegging industry via their staff positions at TTD, because you can be goddam motherfucking sure that AEG Live's team of attorneys won't make any distinction between "free distribution" and "selling for a profit" in a court of law; the challenge of making the distinction will fall squarely on the defendants shoulders.

Best of luck to James and Billy-Bob!
based on this part
Quote:
"only the plaintiff has the right to sell merchandise bearing the Festival Trademarks at and near the Festival."
I interpret the lawsuit to only have bearing on merchandise like t-shirts etc. that might name the festival not recordings made at the fest

yes, and we always cease and desist when asked - by the owner of the performance - you know, like the BAND or it's management. It's happened a few times and is no big deal.
We have never allowed trading of bands that request not to be traded here. It is their music.
Old 2010-08-11, 06:09 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
yes, and we always cease and desist when asked - by the owner of the performance - you know, like the BAND or it's management. It's happened a few times and is no big deal.
We have never allowed trading of bands that request not to be traded here. It is their music.
Yes, absolutely YOU do just that, especially in cases when it's legally released music that's being torrented.... and noticeably you fellas always seem to get it done just in time to so that anyone who is already downloading is able to get their complete, and then you guys most diligently shut it down.

That is very commendable, Jimmy.

However, your wording says that "We never allow trading of bands that request not to be traded here"

How DO you police "trading" ?

I can understand how you police "torrents"....and I can see how you'd be able to police vines and B&P, but how do you police "trading", especially when its one on one snail mail trading?

Are you guys ramdomly opening packages? Are you guys reading private messages? How do you do it?

As anyone can see, the name of the site is "The TRADER'S Den" as opposed to "The TORRENT Den" and we have to surmise that the site was so named to encourage swaping of music no matter what means or media used... and that says stamps and cassettes or even reels are also encouraged

Also, surely the site was so named before you acquired your badge of authority, James, but how do you make sure no one is snail mail trading any non approved items?

Inquiring minds wanna know, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!
Old 2010-08-11, 06:34 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew101 View Post

[based on this part

Quote:
"only the plaintiff has the right to sell merchandise bearing the Festival Trademarks at and near the Festival."
I interpret the lawsuit to only have bearing on merchandise like t-shirts etc. that might name the festival not recordings made at the fest
Possibly, but it's just as likely that anyone zealous enough in filing a pre-emptive lawsuit would be delighted in bringing action against anyone caught in the act of taping or filming on the Festival's premesis.

OR possibly filing suit against any domestically based B/T site hosting the music after the fact.

rspencer would like to take a shot, but might I suggest that he doesn't inform the Festival promoters before-hand of his intentions nor should he supply them with his name and address once the captures begin to be shared on any domestic B/T site.

Anyway, if they were to file action against this site, we all know who's name would be on the suit, and it ain't jameskg's..........

Those Mile High Music Festival people come across as fucking crazy, and though an individual might prevail in litigation, the real winners in such a lawsuit are ALWAYS the lawyers who get paid 500. per hour.

Much as I admire rspencer, I don't wish to see him spending a single motherfucking cent to prove he's within his rights.

YMMV, homebrew101.... though I feel the same towards you, pal, I don't wanna know bad enough to see you tied up in litigation, ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!
Old 2010-08-11, 07:21 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

The time now is 07:20 PM.