The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-04, 01:25 PM
real.serious.music.
189.36 GB/408.85 GB/2.16

Angry Admin-level source changes

I have a splendid idea on how to make EVERYONE's "experience here more pleasant":

The next time one of you high and mighty m** change a seeders torrent, it may be a good idea to LET THE SEEDER KNOW! To me, THAT'S COMMON COURTESY.
I've been embroiled in a dispute on another site over the source of a show which was traded to me as a SBD. I thought it was an inferior SBD, but THAT'S THE WAY I GOT IT! I don't have technical savvy, I collect music and listen to it. I believe A SHOW IS WHAT IT IS UNLESS EVIDENCE (OR MY FIRST-HAND KNOWLEDGE) CONTRADICTS THAT!
My position was UNTIL I had indisputable proof, the source STAYED! Well, thrown into my face (AS INDISPUTABLE PROOF) was the fact that some fucking dickwad changed my torrent and DID NOT HAVE THE COURTESY TO TELL ME.
I have no problem eating crow when I'm wrong, BUT NOT WHEN ITS JAMMED DOWN MY FUCKING THROAT.
Just because TTD thinks its better than everyone else doesn't necessarily mean it is so.
since 2002
".ili...friends don't let friends encode lossy...ili."
Old 2007-07-04, 01:26 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Re: Admin-level source changes

you seem upset.

I though floyd fans were mellow and all. Are sure this wasn't a Led Zeppelin show?
Old 2007-07-04, 01:46 PM
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.71 TB/Inf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNKFLYD
some fucking dickwad changed my torrent and DID NOT HAVE THE COURTESY TO TELL ME.
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...232#post632232
Quote:
Just because TTD thinks its better than everyone else doesn't necessarily mean it is so.
Yes it does
Old 2007-07-04, 02:09 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

some of my lineage is suspect at times but we all know that. (hence: 'Approx' in lineage of the odd show)
the mods know this & if they pull it - its alright..it wasnt the right show for this site.
Dont cry about it.. hell, you already have the show! And its not *YOUR SHOW* to begin with (unless you recorded it).

you had a really nice request going.. till the dickhead part, and the BOLD TEXT, and CAPS!!

get a grip of yourself PNKFLYD & be thankful the m** have a good sense of humor.

Last edited by direwolf-pgh; 2007-07-04 at 02:15 PM.
Old 2007-07-04, 02:55 PM
toys
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
I have a splendid idea on how to make EVERYONE's "experience here more pleasant":

The next time one of you high and mighty m** change a seeders torrent, it may be a good idea to LET THE SEEDER KNOW! To me, THAT'S COMMON COURTESY.
I've been embroiled in a dispute on another site over the source of a show which was traded to me as a SBD. I thought it was an inferior SBD, but THAT'S THE WAY I GOT IT! I don't have technical savvy, I collect music and listen to it. I believe A SHOW IS WHAT IT IS UNLESS EVIDENCE (OR MY FIRST-HAND KNOWLEDGE) CONTRADICTS THAT!
My position was UNTIL I had indisputable proof, the source STAYED! Well, thrown into my face (AS INDISPUTABLE PROOF) was the fact that some fucking dickwad changed my torrent and DID NOT HAVE THE COURTESY TO TELL ME.
I have no problem eating crow when I'm wrong, BUT NOT WHEN ITS JAMMED DOWN MY FUCKING THROAT.
would you like a hug? I have cookies too, would you like a cookie?
Old 2007-07-04, 03:09 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

what's a m**?
Old 2007-07-04, 03:50 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

at least read your own announce thread before you call me a dickwad

can we put this behind us now?

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2007-07-04, 06:06 PM
Sleeping Colorless Green Ideas
TTD VIP
411.55 GB/18.82 TB/46.84

I just read this thread.

I can't believe someone would get so pissed off over something so trivial.

PNKFLYD: You are a road rage shooting spree waiting to happen. Please tell me you don't own any weapons.
Old 2007-07-04, 07:37 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Question So who started the false lineage on Neil in the first place?

Quote:

... I believe A SHOW IS WHAT IT IS UNLESS EVIDENCE (OR MY FIRST-HAND KNOWLEDGE) CONTRADICTS THAT!
My position was UNTIL I had indisputable proof, the source STAYED!

So, what lineage you got for Pink Floyd 4/28/77 Baton Rouge?

Quote:
Oh I dunno.....nothing better's come along yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!
Old 2007-07-04, 10:08 PM
The Music Guru!
27.05 GB/110.53 GB/4.09

Pnkflyd, I understand that your angry and upset but can these conversations be kept to private messages? I mean, thats where personal attacks are taken because this kind of stuff just makes the board look bad. Just my .02

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Old 2007-07-04, 11:53 PM
The Rizzi Experience
221.51 GB/331.77 GB/1.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Mac
Pnkflyd, I understand that your angry and upset but can these conversations be kept to private messages? I mean, thats where personal attacks are taken because this kind of stuff just makes the board look bad. Just my .02
I'm forced to agree with Patty, I'd feel the same way but I think a little more discreet conversation would be a better way to handle this issue. Pissing on the Mods is only gonna get you outcast, and it's only a show man. Erroneus source info is part of the game, sometimes we don't know what we think we know and there are others who know more than we do. It's not always worth going to war over.

And that is MY .02

Rizzi
Old 2007-07-05, 07:53 AM
real.serious.music.
189.36 GB/408.85 GB/2.16

For the benefit of Patty Mac and babyfaceparizzi- I seeded this show on another tracker, I seeded it as A SBD as when I got it in 2003, thats what I got it as. Now, agreeably (or arguably, whichever) its not the best sounding SBD, but it not being my show, I have no right to re-label shows according to whim. There are tons of SBD's that seem like AUD's, and vice versa. Which is why I asked for "indisputable proof". Someone's ears (the measure of proof offered thus far) was someone's ears. Someone I don't know. Who do they think they are? I realize everyone on the internet is an expert on everything, which is why I wanted "indisputable proof". And when I seed a show, I put it up, make sure its running, then leave it. I do not return to the thread, I simply watch my client, and when I see the infinity sign, I know its in the hands of others. I return to the thread ONLY if email notification requires me too. I work 2 jobs, and don't have time to sit at my server all day.
My anger stems from the fact that on the other tracker, things got totally out of hand. I tried keeping the comments to private emails, but they wound up being posted in the thread anyway. The "indisputable proof" offered was the fact I had it labeled an AUD on this tracker. Imagine my surprise, and outrage, when I checked the thread, and Lo and Behold, the torrent had been edited without my notification. I have no problem with it being edited, the Mods are Mods because they are more technically adept (or savvy), and I, as well as others, take their word as The Word. But I still feel it is common courtesy to notify a seedeer that the torrent has been edited. As of 8:34am 2007-07-05, my email notification STILL has not been received (although by now I am well aware of it).
For the rest of you that have problems with me or my torrents, don't download them. I've been trading for years, my reputation is untarnished. after reflecting on this issue last night, I've come to the conclusion that the majority of you self-proclaimed experts wouldn't know shit if it hit you in the face, and I can't let the likes of you ruin my experience.
As for my lambasting the Mods, I will be sending them an email with my full and sincere apologies. But you heard it here first...I eat my crow when I'm wrong, and I'm currently dining.
I'm going back to trading, you folks can sit and pontificate all you want.
since 2002
Old 2007-07-05, 08:05 AM
real.serious.music.
189.36 GB/408.85 GB/2.16

I am not going to entertain any more discussion on this, it's OVER! Anyone revisiting this in future threads will be reported to the admins, who may or may not do anything about it. I'm eating my crow, leave me be.
since 2002
Old 2007-07-05, 08:12 AM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg
you seem upset.

I though floyd fans were mellow and all. Are sure this wasn't a Led Zeppelin show?
Very astute observation. Good thing he's here. Another site would ban him for life! Take a breath and calm down PNKFLYD, you're among friends. "Together, we can make a difference."
Old 2007-07-05, 08:33 AM
real.serious.music.
189.36 GB/408.85 GB/2.16

Since there is no way of contacting admin as a whole, and I don't feel up to emailing 20 or so people individually, I'll do it here.

To the Admins of TTD:
You've seen the posts, I'm not going to rehash the events. I let a bunch of self-proclaimed experts get under my skin, and when it was thrown in my face that the "expert opinion" originated on here, a fail-safe neuron somewhere inside my head failed to communicate and as a result I went overboard. In retrospect I find this totally reprehensible, but yesterday I felt quite justified. I took the comments to be personal attacks on my reputation as a trader as I've NEVER had anybody say they had bad vibes about my shows/trades in my 6 or 7 years of collecting. Instead of compartmentalizing the attacks as meaningless internet bullshit, I said a lot of things that were unnecessary and uncalled-for, and while I realize one can not retract the printed word, I know now I was out of control and ask you to find some level of forgiveness for my actions. I stand (well, actually sit) here totally humiliated in the light of the fact that I just went totally overboard. This COULD have been settled in a far more peaceful, productive way, and I accept total responsibility for my actions. I hereby offer my sincere and humble apology for all that I said, and all that has transpired from this incident. If you see fit to punish me, I'll have to accept that as well.

I'm sorry.

I also posted that I was all done with any further interaction of this affair (notwithstanding any Admin action), and respectfully ask that you, as Admins, admonish any further flaming in future threads. I'm humiliated, I'm sincerely apologetic, and I would just like to get back to the music. I await your disposition on this matter.
since 2002
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions