The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2009-06-07, 02:43 PM
981.62 GB/865.25 GB/0.88

Reseed requests?

I searched in vain for a reseed request forum or some other place to ask if anyone could seed The Beatles 1965-12-16 The Music of Lennon and McCartney (PAL). I posted this a couple of years ago and now I can't find my own copy.
Old 2009-06-07, 05:07 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Reseed requests?

You would just post in the ISO (In Search Of) forum for Audio or Video Torrents. So, here - ISO Video Torrents

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-06-08, 11:39 AM
981.62 GB/865.25 GB/0.88

Thanks!
Old 2009-07-22, 08:15 AM
128.11 GB/233.77 GB/1.82

I hate to say it, but this is as pointless as most of the other sites. Only Lossless Legs has got it right. A re-seed button that emails everyone that's downloaded the show almost always gets seeded. Every time I get a message there requesting a reseed, if I've got it, I seed it. That's how it's suppose to be. SHARING. I really don't have the time to go through 300 requests looking for the one or 2 shows that I have that I probably got on Dime and can't reseed anyway. So, PLEASE look into following Lossless leg's example and look into adding a Reseed button. I would love it. I've been sitting on a Lovell Sisters audio torrent for weeks with no seeders in sight. If everyone who downloaded this show knew I was wanting it, I'm sure I would have gotten a seed a long time ago. That's my 2 cents for what it's worth....Otherwise, thanks for this great website.
Old 2009-07-22, 09:32 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Anyone who is interested in helping to seed shows they have should check out their Seeding Opportunities. That is a list of all the shows you have downloaded that have leechers.

The thing I have against what LL does is not everyone wants to receive 'spam' PMs. If a show is still on the tracker, bump it. You can't do that at LL which is why they need to have a different method.

Old 2009-07-22, 10:57 AM
128.11 GB/233.77 GB/1.82

That's better then nothing, but it is still backwards. It gives me a chance to look and share what I've down loaded, so thanks for that info, however I still can't reach all the folks that downloaded a show I want reseeded for me. If the folks at Lossless files abused the Re-seed button, I would agree with you, but at most I get a reseed request once a month. That's a whole lot less then all the "Canadian Pharmacy" spam and other crap I delete daily on my email daily.
Old 2009-07-22, 11:27 AM
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.71 TB/Inf.

I don't care for the mass pm's personally. The problem with LL's method is it doesn't just pm the people who COMPLETED the show. I think I've downloaded 5 or so COMPLETE shows there, but I've downloaded 1 track from a bunch of shows and it adds me to the COMPLETED list. As Lynne said, users can't 'bump' torrents to the top there where as you can here. Bump the thread, ask for a reseed. Most people don't bother checking their pm's anyway.
Old 2009-07-25, 08:54 AM
1.49 TB/5.40 TB/3.61

Most people don't check the forums for bumped threads either.

Dan, you're doing it wrong at LL. Most users there ignore reseed requests; most reseeds come from people checking their profiles after login for the list of "Torrents Needing Seeds". You don't usually need to send out a reseed request; sitting on the torrent for a few hours is enough. Works the same way in reverse; when I visit the site, I check my PMs and reseed anything needing a seed (within reason; sometimes I don't have enough disk space free to seed a DVD or multiple shows).

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
beatles, request, reseed