The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2016-02-16, 05:56 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: The future of TTD Donations

It's election season so he's probably in need of some money from hippies for an all expenses paid trip to the GOP convention.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2016-02-23, 09:06 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrcoq View Post
Maybe we could find Gray...he did such a good job with the Sharing The Groove shirts.
I sometimes wonder what happened to him and wonder if he knew we started this site after he left.

Old 2016-02-24, 01:19 AM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.81 TB/9.58

I'll say one thing for him...he was ahead of everyone else when it came to torrents and music sharing. Certainly the day I discovered Sharing The Groove was monumental in my life. Of course had I actually spent those thousands of hours on something that paid, I might be a rich man today!
Old 2017-09-22, 02:28 PM
2.52 TB/5.80 TB/2.30

GoFundMe was really easy as long as you people get to keep a significant proportion of the donation. Never really liked PayPal myself anyhow.

Best wishes to all. I hope the move of the server is a positive thing. Luck!
Old 2017-09-22, 09:03 PM
1.31 TB/7.89 TB/6.03

Genius idea moving the server, to higher ground I hope . . . essentially unplugging it and plugging it back in (advice from a Comcrap Technician)
Old 2017-09-24, 08:58 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofedg View Post
Genius idea moving the server, to higher ground I hope . . . essentially unplugging it and plugging it back in (advice from a Comcrap Technician)
I don't know their reason for moving the server. It wasn't just us, but their whole slew of servers. I guess since we are back up, then the move must have gone just fine (at least for us).

Old 2017-09-25, 12:17 PM
TheD00d
TTD VIP
2.43 TB/265.62 TB/109.27

And this is why most people including myself have told PayPal and eBay to eat dust
when all their customers use alternatives with none of that garbage involved then they will be begging for customers to come crawling back me I have used and will use alternatives and never use those services again.

Thanks u2Lynne for all your hard work and keeping us updated
<3
uni-
Old 2017-09-25, 04:12 PM
1.34 TB/2.25 TB/1.68

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
I don't know their reason for moving the server. It wasn't just us, but their whole slew of servers. I guess since we are back up, then the move must have gone just fine (at least for us).
TJ's Yeeshkul! servers also got moved this weekend - so far so good, I guess.....
Old 2017-09-26, 10:25 PM
blah? blahblah..
46.35 GB/14.07 GB/0.30

We are also on the same server as TTD, our move took longer but we made it
Old 2017-09-26, 11:18 PM
1.34 TB/2.25 TB/1.68

A Quickpacket thing, then.......
Old 2020-06-12, 02:20 AM
6.19 TB/5.46 TB/0.88

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmonk View Post
How about selling TTD shirts?
Hey kingrue, you won't believe this.

I may have sold my shrink-wrap machine but I just refurbished two large-format printers (one for photos, and one for fabrics, like T-shirts) which were being tossed by a shop only because there are no printer drivers for it on their new OS. I saw it on the curb and went in and asked about it and left with the two printers, extra inks, 5K worth of large-format photo paper, but no T-shirts.

The printers work at my house -- I just used a 32-bit to 64-bit printer driver bridge (which I downloaded) and the old driver runs (with a few bugs still). I have yet to figure out how cost-effective it would be making my own shirts vs. ordering a stack of the same shirts from a shop. I was thinking to use the machine for low-volume and even one-off T-shirt printing. For large-runs a high-volume shop like the one that dumped these machines is very little effort and likely cheaper.

If someone gives me the design I am happy to cost it. Based on that if there's interest, one could take pre-orders, like half up front, which at least covers the costs if people then change their minds, disappear, or whatever.

RE; PAYPAL
PyPal is nothing like a Bank -- they are regulated by rules they make up and change at will -- and are more a money transfer service. Unlike a cheque, PayPal takes your money and holds it (gathering interest) until the other party retrieves it. If the other party (receiver) never retrieves it, the sender is not notified and PayPal is happy to keep the money. I chased PayPal for over 2 years when a $100 donation never arrived. PayPal tried to tell me the transaction never took place, but I have a CC statement that shows the transaction. Basically though, due to nobody knowing in which jurisdiction the transaction took place, there's no recourse ad PayPal kept the money. I wonder how many other such transactions get ghosted without people at either end ever knowing...

RE: PayPay and Torrent Sites -- This is a result of RIAA and law-enforcement lobby group pressure -- charity organizations are a major source of funding for terrorist and criminal organizations and still is, and PayPal channels tons of money everywhere, so some of it was criminal activity, but that is also true of the major banks, stock exchanges and just about every facet of life these days. The RIAA's attitude/position is that all torrent sites are pirate sites. Period.

Last edited by plaz; 2020-06-12 at 02:35 AM.
Old 2020-06-13, 10:06 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I don't believe in aging. I believe in forever altering one's aspect to the sun.
Old 2020-06-14, 01:13 PM
TheD00d
TTD VIP
2.43 TB/265.62 TB/109.27

Talking Re: The future of TTD Donations

share some bitcoins with u2lynne for all her hard work and deadication
Old 2020-06-14, 01:17 PM
TheD00d
TTD VIP
2.43 TB/265.62 TB/109.27

i would totally rock a TTD shirt if you put a

"SHUT UP AND DANCE "

i'm recording this show for you and your friends

you can get it at : thetradersden.org
100% lossless free music for life.

ya digg lets vote it in =) and get some people to donate if need be
i can put it together i know a few t shirt guys/gals just dying for work atm

i would make the design look somewhat like the flac logo if i designed it
just as a spoof and a way to keep it lossless for life. but that's just me
maybe we can all make a design and post it here and whoever wins gets the design on the shirt colabs are often fun in times like this.
Old 2020-07-05, 05:51 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Hi Lynne and all,

Well, plaz made the argument that Paypal is here to stay, and a few other members mentioned Bitcoin. I would say that mailing you a check or money order is one of the safer methods. I sent a business associate money orders from the post office for my transactions. He appreciated the gesture, and I think I have a friend in the print media (comic book) industry now.

Maybe we should cut you a check, for those of us that are mature enough in financial matters. Or, unload Bitcoin if the feeling is right.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions