The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2022-06-11, 10:58 AM
208.56 GB/510.51 GB/2.45

Weird behavior on certain torrents

Over the past at least 1.5 years I noticed something really strange and weird.
It affects ONLY the Bryan Adams torrents from TTD.

There are random "phantom" leechers that pop up on my peers list, start "downloading" a few kb speed for like 5sec- but it does not actually upload a single byte. Then it stops again. There are NO leechers listed on the respective torrent here - but my client lists between 1-4.
Instead of program they all show some hieroglyphs - Squares, special characters, umlauts and so on.

Again, it is only nearly all Bryan Adams torrents. It does not appear on any other artists torrent. And it is only here on TTD.

Does anybody have an idea? I'm quite curios what this actually is.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2022-06-25, 07:44 PM
378.54 GB/679.01 GB/1.79

Re: Weird behavior on certain torrents

Is it something to do with DHT? I was just reading about this today:

Quote:
DHT (Distributed Hash Table, technical explanation) is an addition to certain BitTorrent clients that allows them to work without a tracker. What this means is that your client will be able to find peers even when the tracker is down, or doesn't even exist anymore. It allows the swarm to continue as normal without a tracker. You can also host torrents without a tracker.
Old 2022-07-10, 10:02 AM
208.56 GB/510.51 GB/2.45

Re: Weird behavior on certain torrents

Then why would it ONLY affect Bryan Adams torrents? I have tons of torrents active from several trackers, including more and others from here.

They never actually upload a single fckn byte, all "programs" appear with hieroglyphs as a name so I suspect this NOT being actual leechers but some kind of bot or whatever.

I have a regular BitTorrent 7.10.5 client. Nothing special, nothing tweaked or hacked or with extra features for extra behavior. So I guess, my client does not have this addition.
I am taping for myself first. I edit my recordings so they are listenable and you tell vocals from drums. I don't waste time finding a sweet spot, I enjoy the gig. Take it or leave it. But I get it: I am not living up to your standards and will not share any other recording here.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble