The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-10-26, 01:32 AM
597.99 GB/1.06 TB/1.81

Question Moving Torrents from Azureus to µTorrent

Hi all, probably a dumb question but please bare with me, I'm a long time PC user/builder but a newb on the BT stuff. I just signed up on TTD about two months ago and began using Azureus. I saw a lot of folks were using µTorrent, so I tried it a few weeks later and I like it better.

I'd like to keep seeding the torrents I dl'd with Azureus, but I don't like having to run both clients. I'm not sure about my terminology here, but is there some way to move the torrent info from Azureus to µTorrent? If so, what's the best way to do it? Do I just export and import the torrent files? I set a base folder for the downloads for the two clients, so I assume I will also need to copy or move the data files over too.

BTW, thanks to everyone who has contributed all the music, I'm really blown away by the variety and quantity, it's AWESOME! I dont' have any stuff to upload, but I'll certainly help pass on what I get. I AM pissed about running out of HD space, though.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-10-26, 05:44 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Re: Moving Torrents from Azureus to µTorrent

--close all torrents in Azureus and shut the prog down
--find the *.torrent file for each show on yer hd [or re-d/l it from the thread's first post] and open it
--when µTorrent asks you where to save the files, select the show's main folder on yer hd
--it'll then check the folder, see that everything has already been d/led, and begin seeding
Old 2007-10-26, 09:38 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

In regards to step three of Aaron's post, utorrent may not be set up to ask where to save the files if you set it to default save the shows all in one download folder. So, you can either move all the shows from your Azurues download folder to your uTorrent download folder prior to opening the .torrent file in uTorrent, or you can go to your Options and uncheck the option to always save the shows in the same folder and then it will ask where the show is.

Old 2007-10-26, 03:18 PM
597.99 GB/1.06 TB/1.81

Thanks Aaron and Lynne for the help, worked like a champ. I did have to move over the show files, but all my little torrents are happy again.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble