The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2021-01-05, 12:41 PM
483.34 GB/491.80 GB/1.02

Should more moderators be added to check for officially released material

With tons of material that has been officially released on pretty much a daily basis, should a few mods be added to proactively check for official content?

Note that I do not want the job.

Further note that if none of the mods here can spot at least two of today's uploads that contain multiple officially released tracks, the question has been answered.

I don't mean to sound snarky, but it seems like there is little or no effort to try and keep this tracker clean.
Old 2021-01-05, 02:28 PM
1.99 TB/1.77 TB/0.89

Re: Should more moderators be added to check for officially released material

If an upload contains a few released tracks I believe those are allowed.

I'm not a mod but I don't see any official releases in today's uploads.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2021-01-05, 04:22 PM
Fuck this
451.93 MB/0.00 KB/0.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwonter View Post
With tons of material that has been officially released on pretty much a daily basis, should a few mods be added to proactively check for official content?

Note that I do not want the job
If you see it and have a problem with it, report it or let someone else report it and the mods will probably remove it. No one would want a mod position to go through uploads and check them against official releases for a site that doesn't make profit or pay moderators. The deal would have to be sweetened by allowing them to also mod the Lounge so they can delete posts/threads and ban users, but that's greenheatherc's job.

If an artists has a problem with it, them or their management can request it be removed or request to not allow any of theirs uploaded. This is such a niche site that they likely don't care. Are they going to spend a few hundred or thousand to have their lawyer write up and send a cease and desist so they can get a few $0.000001 per stream of the track in question on Spotify instead?
Old 2021-01-05, 06:46 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Happy New Year Everyone!
Old 2021-01-06, 07:05 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

We have relied on our users hitting the Report this Post button to let us know if they see officially released material here. It's better for the users who know the artists and know what is official to let us know.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions