The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-11-27, 06:47 PM
DCbmx 17
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Still can't download anything after a month...

I don't know what's going on. I completed like on thing like a month ago but no other torrent is working at all. I've had this Jimi Hendrix torrent at 96.3% for the past three weeks and it's not doing anything. I tried force starting it and nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong? I'd really like to get this Hendrix torrent and other Hendrix torrents but they're not working for some reason. I even uninstalled my mcafee firewall.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-11-27, 07:04 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Re: Still can't download anything after a month...

hmmm... you've downloaded 3.5GB.. is that the one thing you completed? I ask because if what you got wasn't that large, I wonder if you are downloading the same pieces over and over again due to them being corrupt (not matching the hash) after you get them? That can happen if you have squirrelly RAM or a HD that has some bad sectors.

Let's start by seeing what client you use, and maybe taking a screen shot and posting that showing your torrents running that aren't working.

Last edited by paddington; 2006-11-27 at 07:09 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-11-27, 07:14 PM
I love them redheads!
70.51 GB/140.66 GB/1.99

Step by step, what are you doing?

What Hendrix show are you trying to get? Copy and paste a link to the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpermaLopez
Sorry, I'm still a n00b.
Old 2006-11-27, 09:16 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I see you trying to download three shows from here. Are you also trying to download shows from other sites too? What is your max upload and download speed (google "speed test" and you'll find several sites to get this information)? Are you limiting your upload or download speeds in anyway? Also, you are firewalled, so you can only download/upload to/from other users who are NOT firewalled.

Old 2006-11-27, 10:08 PM
20.89 GB/11.41 GB/0.55

Which client do you use? It's weird, cos even if your port was closed you should be downloading from peers whose ports are open with no prob, but you say you aren't getting anything at all.
Same prob. with all the torrents you're getting from other sites?
it sounds as if your settings were wrong, so I guess it has an easy solution.
If you added any info we could help.
Old 2006-11-27, 10:39 PM
DCbmx 17
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Alright well the reason I had three was I'm just trying to see if it's me or not. I've just been doing alot of different ones randomly and letting them sit to see if they work. Some stuff started but then just stopped so I just gave up on it and cancelled it. I think the only thing I completed was some neil young cd but that was over a month ago. This last one has just been sitting at 96.3 for the past three weeks though... heres the one thats just been sitting forever. http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...t=jimi+hendrix

heres what my Utorrent looks like

Old 2006-11-27, 10:50 PM
77.81 GB/134.92 GB/1.73

there are seeders on all of the torrents you are downloading, except the "Axis Sessions", but you cannot connect with them
Old 2006-11-27, 10:58 PM
DCbmx 17
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Yeah but for the Mixdown masters I've had seeders on it for the past three weeks and it just hasnt moved. I've let other stuff sit for over a week too and nothing. I've got 47 seeds for the axis one now but it's not moving.
Old 2006-11-27, 11:13 PM
77.81 GB/134.92 GB/1.73

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCbmx 17
Yeah but for the Mixdown masters I've had seeders on it for the past three weeks and it just hasnt moved. I've let other stuff sit for over a week too and nothing. I've got 47 seeds for the axis one now but it's not moving.
are these 47 seeders inside or outside the parenthesis?

but anyway if there are 47 seeders on a torrent and you cannot connect with any of them, then you most likely have a firewall issue
Old 2006-11-27, 11:32 PM
DCbmx 17
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Well they're inside them, I know they need to be on the outside but I think that's my problem, should I be using a different client or what? Well thats the thing, this site says I'm firewalled, I uninstalled McAfee a few hours ago and don't have a firewall in right now, window's firewall is turned off.

Last edited by DCbmx 17; 2006-11-27 at 11:39 PM.
Old 2006-11-27, 11:39 PM
77.81 GB/134.92 GB/1.73

no, a different client will not help. you have a firewall issue and need to foward the port that your BT client uses (provided you can control this) to allow p2p traffic.
Old 2006-11-27, 11:41 PM
DCbmx 17
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Yeah I tried doing the port thing, the site I was looking at kind of had crappy instructions, I have no idea what I'm doing with this stuff. What's the port number that I'm looking for? I guess maybe it doesnt help i'm on a college server.
Old 2006-11-27, 11:42 PM
77.81 GB/134.92 GB/1.73

Quote:
Yeah I tried doing the port thing, the site I was looking at kind of had crappy instructions, I have no idea what I'm doing with this stuff. What's the port number that I'm looking for? I guess maybe it doesnt help i'm on a college server .
I am almost certain there is nothing you can do about it then.
Old 2006-11-27, 11:50 PM
DCbmx 17
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Well I mean I've already gotten 96.3% of it already, I mean it took like over 2 weeks to get that but isn't there anyway I can get the last little bit? That's probably the most important thing to me, Hendrix is my favorite musician.
Old 2006-11-28, 12:04 AM
77.81 GB/134.92 GB/1.73

Quote:
Well I mean I've already gotten 96.3% of it already, I mean it took like over 2 weeks to get that but isn't there anyway I can get the last little bit? That's probably the most important thing to me, Hendrix is my favorite musician.
Right, you got that 96.3% from a seeder or seeders that you were able to connect with given your current settings.

So now you will have to wait for a seeder or seeders that have those same settings and a complete copy of the torrent so you can connect with them and finish downloading.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble