The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2010-07-04, 12:23 AM
zafreth
1.15 TB/194.09 GB/0.16

File is decodable without error, but flac fingerprint cannot be checked since it was unset in the streaminfo block.

Hello i need some help, i want to decode a flac file and appear this message in TLH:

File is decodable without error, but flac fingerprint cannot be checked since it was unset in the streaminfo block.

i don't understand quite right what it means.

Any help is much appreciated
Thanks

Geezer Butler
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2010-07-04, 02:27 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Re: File is decodable without error, but flac fingerprint cannot be checked since it was unset in the streaminfo block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafreth1 View Post
Hello i need some help, i want to decode a flac file and appear this message in TLH:

i don't understand quite right what it means.

Any help is much appreciated
Thanks
When a wav file is encoded to flac format the flac encoder writes the md5 checksum of the raw wave data (the so called flac fingerprint) to the header of the flac file. When decoding that flac file at a later time the integrity of the audio data will be automatically checked by comparing the checksum of the decoded wave data with the fingerprint in the flac file header.

In your case the checksum/fingerprint in the flac file header was set to zero (possibly by some bad encoder). So it is not possible to tell whether the decoded wave data is identically equal with the one before it was encoded.

Robert
Old 2010-07-04, 08:07 AM
zafreth
1.15 TB/194.09 GB/0.16

Re: File is decodable without error, but flac fingerprint cannot be checked since it was unset in the streaminfo block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roann View Post
When a wav file is encoded to flac format the flac encoder writes the md5 checksum of the raw wave data (the so called flac fingerprint) to the header of the flac file. When decoding that flac file at a later time the integrity of the audio data will be automatically checked by comparing the checksum of the decoded wave data with the fingerprint in the flac file header.

In your case the checksum/fingerprint in the flac file header was set to zero (possibly by some bad encoder). So it is not possible to tell whether the decoded wave data is identically equal with the one before it was encoded.

Robert
Ok Robert got it! thanks so much of the info.

btw i hear the tracks (decoding throug errors) and works fine.

Alberto

Geezer Butler
Old 2014-06-07, 11:19 AM
1.81 TB/10.08 TB/5.57

I too have a folder where I get this "flac fingerprint cannot be checked since it was unset in the streaminfo block" message. It came with a seperate MD5 file that does verify for all the files in the folder. about 2/3's of the files get the above error message, when decoding.
So are you saying that a flac fingerprint gets written to the encoded file? That fingerprint is missing and there for the data can't be checked? That the seeder made the seperate MD5 after he encoded the file with the fingerprint missing? That's why the seperate MD5 file does varify?
Thanks
MIke
Old 2014-06-07, 01:17 PM
lintoni
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1061 View Post
I too have a folder where I get this "flac fingerprint cannot be checked since it was unset in the streaminfo block" message. It came with a seperate MD5 file that does verify for all the files in the folder. about 2/3's of the files get the above error message, when decoding.
So are you saying that a flac fingerprint gets written to the encoded file?
He is.
Quote:
That fingerprint is missing and there for the data can't be checked?
He is.
Quote:
That the seeder made the seperate MD5 after he encoded the file with the fingerprint missing?
Correct
Quote:
That's why the seperate MD5 file does varify?
Correct
Quote:
Thanks
MIke
Don't mention it, I've not told you anything you hadn't already worked out.

Last edited by lintoni; 2014-06-07 at 01:23 PM.
Old 2014-06-07, 06:27 PM
1.81 TB/10.08 TB/5.57

Thanks again.
Mike

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble