The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2016-03-13, 09:10 AM
1.98 GB/0.00 KB/0.00

Which would be best or any suggestions?

Hi,
I won't bore everybody with the ins and outs, but lately it seems I am firewalled - but there has been ongoing errors with my router (So it could be that), I had only started with TTD.
I have a Xiaomi Nano and Xiaomi Youth routers that can help me (I was waiting for them to arrive).

My question is, I am currently looking at something cheap to setup and leave.
I have tested two and a half torrents from here, and pretty decent, so I should be able to leave it with my new provider.

Two I am looking at, at the minute are:
The Maiwo NAS-K330 BT with Snake OS from DX for €17 delivered (With additional storage) - http://www.dx.com/p/nas-k330-bt-netw...n-white-201774
OR
The Orange Pi 2 for €17 Delivered (With additional storage added) - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orang...448079125.html
With the preferred OS installed for this.

Is there a better option for the price? Could anyone point me as to what would be the better option, either above, or another?

Also, I would like to torrent anonymously if possible, will SnakeOS do that?

Thanks for reading.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2016-04-02, 10:17 PM
916.22 GB/588.06 GB/0.64

Re: Which would be best or any suggestions?

Hi
(Without being rude or condescending)

I think you have made it too difficult for people to assist.

Perhaps if you decide on a router and an operating system - then ask one or two points relating to those, I think you would meet with better chances of success.

I'm a long time Linux user and had to use a search engine to find out that SnakeOS was. Seems to be Suse with Gnome desktop.
https://susestudio.com/a/ea2uah/snakeos

If you choose to be a Linux user its often a very lonely, but worthwhile road. You can do yourself a favour by sticking to distros that people have heard of like Ubuntu, LinuxMint or Fedora etc.

The operating systems use the same protocols and fundamentals, so if you live in a Country with a hostile government or a bunch of incompetent, fools running it, you may like to get a VPN service.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble