The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-09-22, 06:13 PM
127.64 GB/122.58 GB/0.96

DVD Problems....

I got some dvds from a guy on ebay a long time ago. When I got em they worked perfectly fine. I didn't do anythign with them for a few months and now when I go to copy the dvd with dvd shrink or dvd decrypter I get an error part way through copying it to my hard drive. When I play the dvd it will play, until it gets to the part it is "messed up" at and then start to glich. Sometimes I can go forward a little bit and it will be fine but most of teh time I can't and my player just locks up. To go onward to my question, I was wondering what's the big deal with these dvds, they worked fine and now all the sudden they're messed up? Is there anyway I can fix these with a program or soemthing? I don't know what type of media the discs are because they have labels on them, but even then I don't see how the disc could become messed up when it worked perfectly fine months ago. I've tryed searching for the guys list online and through ebay but I can't find him and would really like to get these dvds fixed up if that's at all possible. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing any bit of help I can get from everyone. - Scott
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-09-22, 08:01 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Re: DVD Problems....

could be the media...many cheap brands go "bad" within months or a year...there are a bunch of factors that could cause this tho...

as to progs that'll "fix" it...none that i've heard of...

there's a good chance a copy exists within the trading pool...for free. try searching db.etree.org or google the band/date and DVD to start...best not to support the ebay bootleggers!
Old 2005-09-23, 01:22 AM
dare to discover
63.44 GB/133.91 GB/2.11

If you're curious as to th emanufacturer of the media you can grab DVD Identifier and it will tell you. I don't have the link handy but I'm sure google can find it for you.

Old 2005-09-23, 10:40 AM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

try copying it without using dvdshink/decryptor.

generate md5 checksums for everything in the VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD using md5summer (or TLH or similar prog).

open the DVD as tho its a normal data disc on your computer, drag and drop the VIDEO_TS folder onto yer desktop.

now use the .md5 you created from the DVD to check whether the files you've copied are identical.

then see if the copied files play properly all the way thru

hope this helps

post back and let us know how it goes

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2005-09-23, 05:31 PM
127.64 GB/122.58 GB/0.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
try copying it without using dvdshink/decryptor.

generate md5 checksums for everything in the VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD using md5summer (or TLH or similar prog).

open the DVD as tho its a normal data disc on your computer, drag and drop the VIDEO_TS folder onto yer desktop.

now use the .md5 you created from the DVD to check whether the files you've copied are identical.

then see if the copied files play properly all the way thru

hope this helps

post back and let us know how it goes

I tried coping the video_ts folder to my hd before but I can't, it gets an error reading the disc when it's copying so that won't work. thx for the help though. I've looked a lot of places for the shows but I can't find anyone that has them, not many ppl like kid rock so they're not as "readly" available as other more popular or liked artists.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble