The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-02-18, 07:01 PM
255.44 GB/268.22 GB/1.05

Angry Any Vegas Movie Studio users?

Hey all, I got the Vegas MovieStudio & am having ISSUES w/ it, and I'm looking for a little help...

Here's some basics...

Vegas Movie Studio
1 hour 43 minute video
Rendering techniques used: Make Movie > Burn It to DVD & Make Movie > Save it to hard drive > MPEG-2, video only

I've tried rendering this project SEVERAL times, and it craps out at the same point in time EVERY time. 1:33:38. I scoured these boards after my initial attempts, became hopeful that I just had some infected media @ that point, so I took some out there, and still, "unknown error" message @ the same point in time.

I imported what DID render into DVDA (V. 4.0) and it says that it is 97% of a Single Layer Disc.

I am all but convinced that for whatever reason, Vegas stops rendering at this point b/c that is all that will fit on a SL disc. Is there settings in Vegas that need to be changed in order to render a larger than 4.7G project for Dual Layer burning? I've spent WAAAY too much time on this, and am getting rather frustrated.

Last resort, I CAN split this into 2 SL discs, but really don't want to (it is a concert, and there are segued songs that I really don't want to break up).

Thanks for any help that you can give me, I'm 100% stumped!!!

- jason
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-02-18, 07:15 PM
473.95 GB/532.25 GB/1.12

Re: Any Vegas Movie Studio users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDerhak
Hey all, I got the Vegas MovieStudio & am having ISSUES
I am all but convinced that for whatever reason, Vegas stops rendering at this point b/c that is all that will fit on a SL disc.
I'm not familiar with Vegas MovieStudio, but what bitrate settings are you using? In the export/render template there should be min/average/max values specified if you're using variable bitrate encoding [VBR] or just 1 value specified if you're using a constant bitrate [CBR]
Old 2007-02-18, 07:23 PM
255.44 GB/268.22 GB/1.05

There is no VBR information that I can see when I pull up the rendering menu as a MPEG-2 format. If I pull up Windows Media Video-9 as the option to render to, it says "Quality VBR 90". In MPEG-1, it apparently defaults @ a constant bitrate os 1,700,000, but I haven't tried that method..

MPEG-2, for whatever reason is a format that is apparently not adjustable in Vegas, because the "Custom" button is blacked out when that style is selected?

This is getting more confusing!!!! :-(
Old 2007-02-19, 09:05 AM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

Quote:
There is no VBR information that I can see when I pull up the rendering menu as a MPEG-2 format. If I pull up Windows Media Video-9 as the option to render to, it says "Quality VBR 90". In MPEG-1, it apparently defaults @ a constant bitrate os 1,700,000, but I haven't tried that method..

MPEG-2, for whatever reason is a format that is apparently not adjustable in Vegas, because the "Custom" button is blacked out when that style is selected?

This is getting more confusing!!!! :-(
It sounds like something is not registered/activated properly.... possible the mpeg-2 module which uses mainconcept's encoder. There are numerous setting to adjust with the mpeg-2 codec in Vegas. It shouldn't be greyed out. You rendering program doesn't care whether it is dual layer or single... it just spits out a file. You shoudl adjust the bitrate to make that file fit onto a single layer or dual layer but that program doesn't care. You authoring program will care and you ahve to adjust the settings for dual layer. I'm not at my computer with that on it or I would tell you where. It's probably in the project setup or in the mastering settings area of the preferences.
Old 2007-02-19, 07:05 PM
255.44 GB/268.22 GB/1.05

I figured it out. Well, I didn't, I'd be trying the wrong thing until Chines Democracy was actually released, if not longer. A guy on a Sony message board figured it out. My external HD was set up for FAT32, so it couldn't take anything larger than 4G. So, I went & got a new 250G EHD (For $89, I was quite happy) and it is NTFC.

Thanks fo the help though, much appreciated!!
Old 2007-02-19, 11:20 PM
473.95 GB/532.25 GB/1.12

Quote:
My external HD was set up for FAT32, so it couldn't take anything larger than 4G. So, I went & got a new 250G EHD (For $89, I was quite happy) and it is NTFC.
You never mentioned you were using an external hard drive...
Good to hear you sorted out your problem.
Old 2007-02-20, 11:35 AM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

ahh.. yeah that's the problem. NTFS . . makes sense. good luck

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble