The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2014-08-24, 02:03 AM
17.25 GB/23.14 GB/1.34

Simple AVCHD video editing for uploading to youtube

Hi i finally switched to HD and have been having some issues with finding a editing software that supports AVCHD. I am just looking for something to do simple editing like fade in and fade out adding watermarks so i can upload to youtube. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also is it possible to upload complete shows in full hd to youtube or will i have to compress them in some way im trying to keep the quality as close as possible to the raw camera files
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2014-08-24, 04:31 AM
Lockout here
561.93 GB/871.08 GB/1.55

Re: Simple AVCHD video editing for uploading to youtube

Have in mind that Youtube always re-encodes uploaded video. To maintain most of the original quality you need to prepare your file as close as to Youtube video encoding specification. You need to prepare only the highest quality/resolution version, and YT will add lower quality variants.

Except hundreds of ordinary video converters, unfortunately there is not much choice of good H.264 editors, especially freeware. Assuming Windows: You may try AviDemux and Free Video Editor. Almost unlimited possibilities offers AviSynth but it requires good knowledge of video encoding and a lot of learning of its scripting language. Commercial tools start from $70, like TMPGenc Smart Renderer, Video Mastering Works or Authoring Works.
Old 2014-08-24, 09:55 PM
TTD VIP
191.41 GB/224.76 GB/1.17

To do what you want, fades and watermarking (which is what I do), look at PowerDirector, or Sony Vegas. Vegas will do much more, but may be overkill.
Old 2014-08-25, 07:03 AM
17.25 GB/23.14 GB/1.34

Thanks for the help everyone, I'm currently using MPEG Video Wizard.

A different question though, related to Full HD, the files are automatically cut by my camera into smaller 20 minute clips, when I import the clips into MPEG V.W., the frames where the clips "merge" are very pixelated and sometimes the sound cuts out for a moment. I was wondering if there is a way to remedy this? Do I need a separate program that merges all of the files together as one large file instead of 20 minute clips? Or is there anyway to fix this problem using the current video editor I'm using?
Old 2014-08-25, 08:10 AM
28.96 GB/16.20 GB/0.56

TSSplitter can merge camera splitted files without glitches.
Old 2014-08-26, 05:46 AM
473.95 GB/532.25 GB/1.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspunx View Post
A different question though, related to Full HD, the files are automatically cut by my camera into smaller 20 minute clips, when I import the clips into MPEG V.W., the frames where the clips "merge" are very pixelated and sometimes the sound cuts out for a moment. I was wondering if there is a way to remedy this? Do I need a separate program that merges all of the files together as one large file instead of 20 minute clips? Or is there anyway to fix this problem using the current video editor I'm using?
Use the software that came with your camcorder to transfer the video to your PC. It will be able to create a single file.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble