The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2009-12-09, 08:08 PM
blah? blahblah..
46.35 GB/14.07 GB/0.30

Creating .ts file torrent ?

We are trying to seed 2009-10-30 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame 25th Anniversary, MSG, NY[HD-1080i][PRO][Bellower], the file has the extension .ts.
3 different people have tried to seed this show but we all get the follow errors.

Quote:
File --> Create New Torrent --> Add file (also i did it with add directory)
then the .torrent file is generated and saved on my local pc.

Then in the post -- > attachment --> upload .torrent file (at this point when UPLAODED file is OK (the filesize of my torrent is OK, it means 2.7Gb) but just when the file is attached the internal information changes (to 2Gb) .

Obviusly to start to seed i have to download the attachement and open it directly by utorrent.

Anyway the torrent is corrupted when is downloaded.

Any help will be fine
and

Quote:
invalid torrent error, unable to launch utorrent.exe
thanks
Old 2009-12-09, 10:00 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Creating .ts file torrent ?

How large is the actual .torrent file? Is it larger than normal? Is there anything in your error_logs around the time he is uploading it?

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-12-10, 10:00 AM
60.16 GB/77.42 GB/1.29

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
How large is the actual .torrent file? Is it larger than normal? Is there anything in your error_logs around the time he is uploading it?

Hi Lynne, we have spoken before on Metallifukinca ,

The actual .torrent file is the same as we did try to seed on Metallifukinca:

I have also tried a few times with several settings, long name from the attachment, shortname from the attachment. stored the attachment in a folder on the HD, stored the atachment standalone on the HD. Also i have installed Maketorrent, and try to make it with that, But all failed.

The "Master" .ts file is 2,78 Gig:

I uploaded it to Metallifukinca:

But when i looked at the file in the thread after it, it shows less size from the file:

For the "The Ultimate Unauthorized Metallica Community": www.metallifukinca.com

Old 2009-12-10, 12:15 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

OK, so the torrent file is small, only 14.4K, so it isn't a problem with that.

What is interesting is that it wants the size of the file being shared to be only 2.00GB. Is there some setting in your tracker that only allows files smaller than 2.00GB to be shared? I don't think this is a vbulletin thing at all, it seems to be something with the tracker or tracker code.

Old 2009-12-10, 05:32 PM
blah? blahblah..
46.35 GB/14.07 GB/0.30

Quote:
OK, so the torrent file is small, only 14.4K, so it isn't a problem with that.

What is interesting is that it wants the size of the file being shared to be only 2.00GB. Is there some setting in your tracker that only allows files smaller than 2.00GB to be shared? I don't think this is a vbulletin thing at all, it seems to be something with the tracker or tracker code.

We have seeded all kinda of different file sizes 1kb to 10gb
Old 2009-12-10, 06:44 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
We have seeded all kinda of different file sizes 1kb to 10gb
I'm not talking about the total size of the torrent, I'm talking about the size of an individual item shared in the torrent. Most VOB files are only a bit over 1GB. This is a single file that is over 2GB. However, I really can't think that the tracker could care less about that. But I know vbulletin doesn't care about it.

Have you tried uploading it to your tracker through the backend? That way you can just be sure.

Old 2009-12-10, 09:20 PM
blah? blahblah..
46.35 GB/14.07 GB/0.30

Quote:
Have you tried uploading it to your tracker through the backend? That way you can just be sure.
How'd I do that?
Old 2009-12-10, 09:43 PM
Metallica Trader
687.10 GB/1.22 TB/1.82

Quote:
I'm not talking about the total size of the torrent, I'm talking about the size of an individual item shared in the torrent. Most VOB files are only a bit over 1GB. This is a single file that is over 2GB. However, I really can't think that the tracker could care less about that. But I know vbulletin doesn't care about it.

That could be the issue. I did a test compressing the 2.78 GB file in WinRAR and splitting it into 1 GB chunks and putting them into a folder. Next, I created a torrent on that folder and upload the torrent file to the tracker and it recognized the correct size on the tracker.

Seems like you can't have any individual files over 1+ GB at least with that particular tracker software.
Old 2009-12-10, 09:53 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

your video playback software may not like the odd size..but why would the tracker or utorrent care?
a tracker or utorrent doesnt care what type of file it is.

Im betting on a truncated .torrent file error - occurring at the upload.

good luck guys.
Old 2009-12-10, 10:59 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
How'd I do that?
I don't know your tracker, so I don't know how to tell you. But, I know ours has a whole back end to it where I can do administrative stuff and I could even upload a torrent if I wanted to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmike View Post
That could be the issue. I did a test compressing the 2.78 GB file in WinRAR and splitting it into 1 GB chunks and putting them into a folder. Next, I created a torrent on that folder and upload the torrent file to the tracker and it recognized the correct size on the tracker.

Seems like you can't have any individual files over 1+ GB at least with that particular tracker software.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking although it does seem to be an odd thing. I can't think why a tracker would care, but who knows. Perhaps you can send Olaf a note and ask if this is so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh View Post
your video playback software may not like the odd size..but why would the tracker or utorrent care?
a tracker or utorrent doesnt care what type of file it is.

good luck guys.
Yeah, but why truncate the torrent file? It's a nice small torrent file, so I can't think of why it would get truncated.

Old 2009-12-11, 09:20 AM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Quote:
Yeah, but why truncate the torrent file? It's a nice small torrent file, so I can't think of why it would get truncated.
I believe this because in the example above the uploaded .torrent file is registering at an incorrect file size at the server level.

if the .torrent file is checked as accurate after creation (at the workstation level), then the truncated file error must be occurring with the browser handshaking with the tracker.
As other torrents are not affected I do not believe its the tracker itself.

web browsers can do funky things. check it/clean it/reset it - and/or attempt uploading with a different browser.

upload the .torrent > download it > check its file size against the original before upload.
if they are identical in size - then you can rule out all my blab.
Old 2009-12-11, 10:28 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I don't think the file size of the .torrent file is changing (it stays at 14.4 KB) , it's the file size that the .torrent file says the torrent contents is that is changin (from 2.6 GB to 2.0 GB). This is a quote from the thread on their site:
Quote:
This is the info INSIDE the .torrent file GENERATED by utorrent
as you can see the filesize is correct (2992128288e4)

d8:announce39:http://metallifukinca.com:2710/announce10:created by13:uTorrent/184013:creation datei1260214809e8:encoding5:UTF-84:infod5:filesld6:lengthi2992128288e4:pathl91:11-30-09_-_MSG_Rock_And_Roll_Hall_Of_Fame_Concert_2009_1080i _HDTV_DD5_1_Mpeg2TS-Bellower.tseee4:name84:2009-10-30 Rock&Roll Hall Of Fame 25th Anniversary, MSG, NY[HD-1080i][PRO][Bellower]12:piece lengthi4194304e6:pieces14280

but later, when i upload the file to the tracker and i download it again to start to seed, the filesize information has change!! (2147483647e4)

d8:announce72:http://metallifukinca.com:2710/kuoeu...lesld6:lengthi2147483647e4:pathl91:11-30-09_-_MSG_Rock_And_Roll_Hall_Of_Fame_Concert_2009_1080i _HDTV_DD5_1_Mpeg2TS-Bellower.tseee4:name84:2009-10-30 Rock&Roll Hall Of Fame 25th Anniversary, MSG, NY[HD-1080i][PRO][Bellower]12:piece lengthi4194304e6:pieces14280
It's like the tracker won't let you upload a torrent that points to a file larger than 2GB (which just don't make sense to me.)

It looks like the seeder broke the file into three files less than 1GB in size and they uploaded it just fine.

(Luckily, our tracker doesn't seem to have this issue - 4GB file in here - Avril Lavigne 2007-10-16 Los Angeles, CA (PRO_HD))

Old 2009-12-11, 10:40 AM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

then we can both agree the file size is being truncated at the server level - at upload.
Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh View Post
read changes .torrent info to: 2GB. which will then give the client this error - which we've seen on truncated .torrent files before:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan;
invalid torrent error, unable to launch utorrent.exe
interesting that its the server and not the browser. backwards from what we've seen here. Oh well, It's always something.
Old 2009-12-11, 10:45 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Yeah, we can agree it is being truncated at the server level. Why? I don't know. Kinda strange.

And a Good Morning to you, Mr. Wolf!

Old 2009-12-11, 10:50 AM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

a very good morning to you, Ms. Lynne.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble