The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

View Poll Results: Should we ban mindless leechers?
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 1.0 27 4.03%
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 0.75 29 4.33%
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 0.50 131 19.55%
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 0.25 158 23.58%
No, not under any circumstances. Let karma take over! 201 30.00%
Give them a warning and allow them to make up for their wrongdoing by ul'ing constantly. 177 26.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 670. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-05-23, 04:57 PM
433.71 GB/433.00 GB/1.00

Re: Should we ban thoughtless leechers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer View Post
However, thanks to torrents, it's easier for you to fuck over 1,000 random people in a fraction of the time
but, on the other hand, you can do the same thing without even torrenting anything!

And let me say an operative word to daddy:
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-05-23, 05:00 PM
wanna buy me a drink????
1.87 TB/2.30 TB/1.23

I gots no troubles with you and ya know it...I just thought that joke was truly funny...
"Trust a pro" Keith Richards
"here is my offer: nothing" Mike C
Old 2009-05-23, 05:06 PM
433.71 GB/433.00 GB/1.00

you'd better go and watch that Jaco-Magelsdorff video asap.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (3 members and 0 guests)
dementrium, bill_kate, vladsmythe

Hi, vlad
Old 2009-05-23, 05:34 PM
wanna buy me a drink????
1.87 TB/2.30 TB/1.23

saving it for late night...when the jazzers are here...
"Trust a pro" Keith Richards
"here is my offer: nothing" Mike C
Old 2009-05-23, 06:17 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementrium View Post
but, on the other hand, you can do the same thing without even torrenting anything!
YES, and you've done so quite often, right at TTD.....you've accomplished it simply when you continue to troll unchecked, demmy.

You're doing it again, today....here and elsewhere on this site.

No wonder the hobby is quickly flushing itself down the crapper.

Thanks for your contribution, demmy. You're OK for someone who dislikes music so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!

Last edited by freezer; 2009-05-23 at 06:24 PM. Reason: edited out any references to lineage, music and otherwise
Old 2009-05-23, 06:26 PM
1.08 TB/2.25 TB/2.08

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests)
Alex231, vladsmythe

Vladdy! My friend!
Old 2009-05-23, 06:37 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrayoll View Post
...I just thought that joke was truly funny...
You were makin' a joke???

Well, he wouldn't be so upset, if he didn't resemble that remark.
Old 2009-05-23, 08:08 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Quote:
at least the possibilities for being duped were significantly diminished if and when two tapers were trading. (Especially IF they were planning to trade again together later. Why bite the hand that feeds you?)
That's still the case. You want it unaltered, un-remastered, not having been thru who knows how many CDs & extractions, mp3 conversions, etc.... get it from the taper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2009-05-24, 09:28 AM
73.33 GB/168.99 GB/2.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer View Post
That's still the case. You want it unaltered, un-remastered, not having been thru who knows how many CDs & extractions, mp3 conversions, etc.... get it from the taper.
Under the assumption the taper isn't playing games with their recordings they are sending out purposely genning up copies and or purposely degrading them by other means and not being upfront about it. If the taper is upfront about it and the receiver(s) lies about it afterwards shame on the receiver(s) but reverse the situation then shame on the taper. And yes tapers can do what they want, how they want with their recordings, that is not the issue. If you provide something you should provide it under the terms you said you were going to do.
Old 2009-05-24, 09:34 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Old 2009-05-24, 11:06 AM
73.33 GB/168.99 GB/2.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
Yeah this thread is better than lunesta to cure insomnia. To bring it back on topic, no you shouldn't ban leechers with bad share ratios. Ratios don't tell the whole story if a person is just a leech or hardly downloads anything/got on a download too late that they can't seed back to 1:1 if they wanted but does give back in other forms like snail mailing or providing shows they taped to others to post. If anything share ratios have to turned into a measuring stick for bottom feeders who provide no new content to determine where they stand in relation to others. If you want to ban someone that will actually make a difference, ban firewalled users since they just suck bandwith and don't provide it back to the rest of the swarm ulitimately slowing everything down especially when there is only 1 seeder. If the major isps do implement ratio caps on bandwith for uploads/downloads this will allow for more efficient use of bandwith in return allowing responsible users to upload more content with less bandwith wasted.
Old 2009-05-24, 03:32 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedwacker View Post
Under the assumption the taper isn't playing games with their recordings they are sending out purposely genning up copies and or purposely degrading them by other means and not being upfront about it. If the taper is upfront about it and the receiver(s) lies about it afterwards shame on the receiver(s) but reverse the situation then shame on the taper. And yes tapers can do what they want, how they want with their recordings, that is not the issue. If you provide something you should provide it under the terms you said you were going to do.
That's also under the assumption that any part of any trade has anything to do with anyone except the people actually involved in said trade.

In other words, you got a LOT of parasites jumping to conclusions without ALL of the facts.

AND....

You have some champion high-hurdlers in your "community' also, especially when it comes to jumping to conclusions.

And that "community" has more enough busybodies that don't know when to shut up and mind their own mother-fuckIng business, ESPECIALLY when it comes to something that didn't concern them EVER.

Sorry, please get this thread back on topic, it's time for all of you haters all to go back to ranting about you-know-who.

And continue with your flame-fest and back-patting sessions also, please.

Quote:

Last edited by freezer; 2009-05-24 at 03:39 PM.
Old 2009-05-24, 08:57 PM
129.00 GB/121.20 GB/0.94

Bad guys never win.
Old 2009-05-26, 02:14 PM
73.33 GB/168.99 GB/2.30

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedwacker View Post
That's also under the assumption that any part of any trade has anything to do with anyone except the people actually involved in said trade.
First off I wasn't referring to you or even talking to you but if you want to make this about you then fine with me. I was actually referring to a set of Millard tapes that belong to someone else.

Quote:
In other words, you got a LOT of parasites jumping to conclusions without ALL of the facts.

AND....

You have some champion high-hurdlers in your "community' also, especially when it comes to jumping to conclusions.
Well this "parasite" has phone records to go along with the tapes and clearly they are not what was discussed and agreed upon but back to you. I haven't drawn any conclusions about your dealings all I know is there is two sides to every story and the only side that seems to be public is yours. I'm sure if the other side ever comes out in public in one of your dealings where you insist you are right everyone else is wrong you won't be looking as saintly as you like to paint yourself. I don't know what "community" you are referring to since there really is none these days just a bunch of why should I do anything to foward my hobby, I'll just download it when someone else does all the leg work and then bitch and whine if the well isn't giving up the goods they want or at the pace they think it should.

Quote:
And that "community" has more enough busybodies that don't know when to shut up and mind their own mother-fuckIng business, ESPECIALLY when it comes to something that didn't concern them EVER.

I actually happen to agree with you on this except for one key detail. If you air your dirty laundry in public then you open it up to public scrutiny like it or not.

Quote:
Sorry, please get this thread back on topic, it's time for all of you haters all to go back to ranting about you-know-who.

And continue with your flame-fest and back-patting sessions also, please.

That is funny coming from someone who only seems to pop up in this thread when it goes off topic. I'm done discussing this in public with you. If you wish to continue to discuss this in a productive manner as two adults. I'll be more than happy to continue this discussion with you in private.
Old 2009-05-26, 05:23 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

No matter what, it remains none of anybody's business anyway.

No matter who whines about 'dirty laundry'... who cares, really?

And believe it.....ain't NONE of Mike Millard's MASTERS in circulation anyway, no matter who says what.

I traded with Mike personally. I handed him tapes and received tapes in my hand in return.

And I don't think that he ever let copies of any of his master tapes out EVER.

And my cassettes have j-cards in his handwriting.

And since you want to talk about dirty laundry, AND only because YOU mentioned it..... who is it that feels the need to lie about Mike Millard's recordings?

No one would have any idea about that subject except you and a trade partner, AND ONLY because you brought it up.

Now I'm sure everybody is curious.

Who is is that claims to have Millard's masters? (Or copies of the masters to trade around... OK, don't bring up any names, because I'm sure no one wants to be laughed at, for such a huge whopper of a lie....)

I've heard some wild story that someone claims to have 1st gen VHS tapes but somehow, these have 'evolved' into MASTERS.

Is THAT what you're referring to???

The only person who could give out any verifiable generaions on any Millard recordings is Mike the Mike himself.

PERIOD.

Oh, and 'wacky' -- I am NOT 'saintly' and I never wanted to be ever consider as such. Someone's jumping to a conclusion.

Personally, I have a very high degree of disdain for anybody that feels they deserve any more information from me than I'm willing to impart.

So, if you wanna discuss this in private, I'd LOVE to know about bogus lineage on Millard recordings, ......now THAT would be an interesting topic.

Why, it should start the entire Led Zepplein community pissing and moaning about all the bogus Millard Masters they're NOW passing around.....

Quote:

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
uberleechers