The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-09-03, 11:52 AM
529.86 MB/322.15 GB/622.59

Question Newbie needs step by step for uploading a master audio.

OK, I have my show in all WAV files. I have FLAC. Made a text file with info. Installed utorrent. This is as far as I have got. Please help me with step by step instuctions to share this show I have. Keep in mind, I have never downloaded any files before. So really need help for my first time.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-09-04, 03:23 AM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Re: Newbie needs step by step for uploading a master audio.

get trader's little helper (some tutorial stuff & link in my signature below)

pretty straightforward to convert to FLAC. also, check the set for SBEs by running a "len" check (instructions in the tutorial). There should be no SBEs.

generate ffp using the tutorial again, then right-click and open the resulting file with notepad to get your fingerprints.

did you record this? you need to write up a lineage. start with mics>recorder>soundcard/other method of transfer>any media used eg cassettes, cdrs, DATs etc if applicable>method of extraction from previous media if applicable>FLAC (and anything else you did such as editing software etc).

write up a text file like you see on the torrents shared here (band, date, venue, setlist, notes, fingerprints)

google a prog called maketorrent 2.1 and set it up like this:

use the "classic" mode, not simple. make sure you have everything to be included in one folder with an appropriate name (eg bandnameYYYY-MM-DD.flac16 , "16" means 16 bit, put 24 if it is 24, if you're not sure it is 99% sure to be 16). include eac log (if applicable), FLACs, ffp and/or st5, txt file, coverart (if you have). make sure none of these files are open when you generate the torrent

go here:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/upload.php?f=12

fill out the form, then use "manage attatchments" to attatch your torrent, then hit the "submit" button, then when the new thread appears re-download the torrent from that thread and open it with utorrent.

if youre stuck just post all the info you have and any questions, I could write two entire pages on different scenarios so it would help if I knew a little more!

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble