The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2010-08-20, 06:16 PM
2.74 GB/23.54 GB/8.58

Question Multi Camera Show Video Upload?

In about 2000 I shot a show with two video cameras. One was an old VHS camera and one was a Digital 8 camera.

Along with my two cameras I traded a copy of my tapes for another tape that someone else shot the show with as well.

So I have 3 sources for this one show.

My question is what is the best way to Upload this show and it's 3 sources?

Do I do them as separate DVDs with separate torrents, upload them as separate DVDs in one Torrent, or something else?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2010-08-20, 06:38 PM
The Fisherman
195.99 GB/512.79 GB/2.62

Re: Multi Camera Show Video Upload?

you should make a 3-cam mix and upload that.
Old 2010-08-20, 07:10 PM
2.74 GB/23.54 GB/8.58

You mean edit it together? I'd rather just keep the sources as they are. None of the sources look alike so it would look bad and I don't feel like going through and editing it. Also there are three sources of Audio that all sound different from different angles.

I have already dubbed them through a DVD Recorder on the highest quality. I would like to just upload them as they are without doing any more compression.
Old 2010-08-20, 09:06 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Unless they are horribly different in video quality level, the sources looking different is a plus. Different angles to choose from, if you or someone else wanted to do a 3-cam mix. As far as the audio, find a better audio source, or just choose the best of the 3 cam audio sources.

As far as seeding, if you're going to seed each source, do them separately. Note in the title what each source is. And I would provide screens or links to screens in the thread for comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2010-08-20, 09:10 PM
1.01 TB/2.42 TB/2.39

Then I recomend you do a B& P to someone in the community who can perform a 3 cam mix. Post and ask. (I just did a 4 cam mix with youtube videos and an excellent aud recording for my own personal enjoyment - it was a major bitch, couldn't get the still photos to come out during the "dry" places) You don't know, there may be an audio source out there that can be sync'ed up with the videos that is better than the cam audio. Let us know the band/venue/date/ recordiing method, etc. Someone will answer. We need just a little bit more info. Thanx.

Peace Brother.
DrBob
Old 2010-08-20, 09:32 PM
2.74 GB/23.54 GB/8.58

It's a Monstrosity show from 2000. I don't even know if there is enough interest from people. I don't really even care enough to do it for myself. I just have the tapes and figured someone might like having the copies since I'm pretty sure they are not circulated.

I'd really hate to go through all the trouble, post the torrent, and no one even downloads it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer View Post
Unless they are horribly different in video quality level, the sources looking different is a plus. Different angles to choose from, if you or someone else wanted to do a 3-cam mix. As far as the audio, find a better audio source, or just choose the best of the 3 cam audio sources
One is recorded on a VHS Video Camera made in 1987, the other is from a Sony Digital 8 camera from 1998, the other tape is a VHS from a dub from an unknown camera. They look completely different quality wise.

I really doubt there is better audio out there.

Also, if I capture the footage to edit it, it will be coming in DV-NTSC which is a lot worse (compression wise) than how I dubbed it off now from the Digital 8 Camera to a DVD Recorder through an IEEE-1394 cable.

I might just upload the Digital 8 camera version and if anyone gets it and says they want the other versions I will upload them as well.
Old 2010-08-22, 06:32 PM
2.74 GB/23.54 GB/8.58

Anyone familiar with Monstrosity's song catalog? I have all the songs identified from this show except for 1 song.

Attached is an MP3 with a sample of the song in question.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Monstrosity.mp3
( 1.15 MB, 4 views)

Old 2010-08-23, 02:07 AM
2.74 GB/23.54 GB/8.58

Nevermind, figured out the track title. DVD coming shortly.
Old 2010-08-23, 03:19 AM
2.74 GB/23.54 GB/8.58

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=84765

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble