The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2016-05-28, 08:38 AM
World-Class Slack-Ass
713.86 GB/0.98 TB/1.41

Question Making changes to torrents?

Can you make changes to existing torrents, and if you can what happens to the downloaders who are still seeding it? I've been wondering about this for a while because I need to make setlist updates to three of my recent recordings. If I make the changes to the text file and save it, will the changes ripple through to everyone else or will it just screw up the torrent? And if you can make changes, can you add tags to an existing torrent?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2016-05-28, 08:42 AM
Purveyor of the Eclectic
TTD VIP
41.37 GB/5.66 TB/140.17

Re: Making changes to torrents?

DON'T DO IT!

Just change the page, and note that after the people d/l'ing it will need to make the same change after they are finished seeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock View Post
People suck. I'd rather look at memes and gifs of people doing stupid shit that confirms my misanthropic views than actually deal with their shit face to face.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2016-05-28, 11:23 AM
IC Elvis & hear God on my iPod
742.25 GB/2.35 TB/3.25

Location: Latitude: 52,3500°, Longitude: 4,9167°, Altitude: High
Re: Making changes to torrents?

Like the hippo said, don't fiddle with existing torrents. Any change you make after you have created the torrent and uploaded that torrent to our tracker, will not be registered. Let's say you have changed the text file after creating and uploading the torrent and you put this new text file in the folder and delete the old one. The uploaded torrent will look for the old text file in the folder (which isn't there). Therefore the tracker will register you as a leech because you don't have all the files in the uploaded torrent. Hope this make sense.

My suggestion would be just post a message in the thread with the adjusted set list or other info. Or post the new text file as an attachment in that post. Never change the attachment of the first post, this is the torrent file.

No you can't tag torrents after they have been created and uploaded. You can change the tags of a thread at the bottom of the page.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble