The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2015-12-02, 01:46 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: RIP Karmakat

Heartbreaking news.
I am the guilty party who introduced Karlyn to the Grateful Dead, which she initially rejected *entirely*. Sometime in 1984 that turned around and, like everything else Karlyn ever got into, she got fully into it. And by that I mean, went so far as to move to the Northeast, started catching every show, started trading tapes by the case. Made me insanely jealous when she did that. Like when she complained about being exhausted from seeing the '91 MSG run, and by that I mean all nine shows.
As friends we go back to childhood and this is very personal for me, extended family, friends and neighbors. Yesterday when I heard the news it really put things into perspective, because I had been upset this week about an unresolved business deal I had with her.
If you knew Karlyn, you know she went through a LOT of stuff and came out right side up. And you know she left a mark on everyone she came in contact with. It's not really the case that "everyone liked her" -- people were often pretty put off by her fast moving, self-centered personality -- but those traits gave her a dominant presence in every situation she put herself into, and it served her well.
I loved Karlyn and cherish the many years of friendship we had together. I never had many truly close friends, and while I tended to take her friendship for granted, since she was such a constant presence for so long, I realize today that I've always been grateful.
The thing that's breaking my heart is the absence of a few individuals who have left already, because they are the ones who would be able to share the personal memories with me. A lifetime of "little things" that no one else would understand, and a whole lot of stuff that wouldn't be appropriate to bring up with strangers but I feel myself wanting to burst with untold stories.

James, from Oak Cliff Texas
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2015-12-02, 01:49 PM
wanna buy me a drink????
1.87 TB/2.30 TB/1.23

nicely put, James.
"Trust a pro" Keith Richards
"here is my offer: nothing" Mike C
Old 2015-12-02, 08:58 PM
Every Mothers Son
87.86 GB/81.46 GB/0.93

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer View Post
Kat truly loved music. She had this drive and enthusiasm, this desire to help musicians achieve their dreams. Sure, you may never play Carnegie Hall, but if you never play that next club gig, you're guaranteed not to. You wanna write that song? Do it. Wanna play that club, or book that tour, work with that band? Do it. Push for it. She joked that she was a Muse, and in some ways, she was.
I'll say, not that I'm a musician but reading this reminded me that I just recently acquired a shit ton of Tommy Bolin mp3's all because I read her going on and on about him, not even to me, I think it was Homebrew she was talking to and he was telling her which she needed to round out her collection lol. Of course I had heard of Tommy Bolin before but never really gave a shit, but her enthusiasm prompted me to see what the fuss was about once and for all and I intended on cross referencing with her about what I did or didn't like and vice versa..I'm really sorry it ain't gonna happen, she was a great pen-pal and I realize how much I just assumed she'd be there when I was ready to go at it with her about Mr Bolin and it just brings another layer of sadness to the news.

ps (and I have all the Zephyr shit too)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg
( 222.4 KB, 435 views)

Old 2015-12-02, 10:47 PM
474.09 GB/777.47 GB/1.64

I always appreciated Kat's contributions to threads over the years. RIP, Kat.
Old 2015-12-02, 11:09 PM
110.65 GB/194.11 GB/1.75

I met her online via the old fidonet bbs echomail system back in '88-89. i had and still have close to 60-700 cassettes and probably sent her many cases of tapes. Got to actually meet her a couple of years ago. What a hoot that girl was. Wonderful person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0tucson View Post
Heartbreaking news.
I am the guilty party who introduced Karlyn to the Grateful Dead, which she initially rejected *entirely*. Sometime in 1984 that turned around and, like everything else Karlyn ever got into, she got fully into it. And by that I mean, went so far as to move to the Northeast, started catching every show, started trading tapes by the case. Made me insanely jealous when she did that. Like when she complained about being exhausted from seeing the '91 MSG run, and by that I mean all nine shows.
As friends we go back to childhood and this is very personal for me, extended family, friends and neighbors. Yesterday when I heard the news it really put things into perspective, because I had been upset this week about an unresolved business deal I had with her.
If you knew Karlyn, you know she went through a LOT of stuff and came out right side up. And you know she left a mark on everyone she came in contact with. It's not really the case that "everyone liked her" -- people were often pretty put off by her fast moving, self-centered personality -- but those traits gave her a dominant presence in every situation she put herself into, and it served her well.
I loved Karlyn and cherish the many years of friendship we had together. I never had many truly close friends, and while I tended to take her friendship for granted, since she was such a constant presence for so long, I realize today that I've always been grateful.
The thing that's breaking my heart is the absence of a few individuals who have left already, because they are the ones who would be able to share the personal memories with me. A lifetime of "little things" that no one else would understand, and a whole lot of stuff that wouldn't be appropriate to bring up with strangers but I feel myself wanting to burst with untold stories.

James, from Oak Cliff Texas
Old 2015-12-04, 03:24 PM
For cryin' out loud !
253.11 GB/484.93 GB/1.92

jr.

But what if the one guy is right and the 10,000 is wrong

Remember to give the Staff/mods and everyone all the respect they have earned !
Old 2015-12-04, 05:55 PM
C'est Bon
218.25 MB/1.71 GB/8.04

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but it is Kat's obituary

http://www.jeterandson.com/memsol.cg...ser_id=1712713

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-funkenstein View Post
The DNC sucks.
Quote:
DISCLAIMER: This post is provided 'as is' for informational purposes only. The OP (Original Poster) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyTaper View Post
There is that unmistakable delicious air of animus wafting throughout the forum this evening
Old 2015-12-04, 08:00 PM
For cryin' out loud !
253.11 GB/484.93 GB/1.92

thanks Uni

jr.

But what if the one guy is right and the 10,000 is wrong

Remember to give the Staff/mods and everyone all the respect they have earned !
Old 2015-12-06, 01:58 AM
An original TTD shithead
0.00 KB/9.66 GB/Inf.

I remember that Kat was a fan of The Residents, maybe we have talk about them, but iīm not sure
To die with 50 is a big fuck
Kat, have a good ride to the heaven of music
R.I.P.
Old 2015-12-06, 02:09 AM
An original TTD shithead
0.00 KB/9.66 GB/Inf.

from kat

Re: The Haiku Thread
I remember days
Meeting at my thinking spot
Dreams that slipped away
Old 2015-12-06, 10:47 AM
128.34 GB/128.18 GB/1.00

Such very sad news. I am so sorry.

Rest in peace, Kat.
Old 2015-12-07, 07:49 PM
350.86 GB/145.37 GB/0.41

RIP Kat
Old 2015-12-11, 10:03 AM
17.78 GB/20.27 GB/1.14

I just found out. Thank you, Jude, for letting me know.

I've known kat online since, what? 2001 maybe? And was just about to have the opportunity to meet in person after moving to Dallas this upcoming January. I am so saddened to hear this. Kat had the biggest heart. She was so kind and I loved her annual Jerry Garcia traditions. I will be listening to the Dead in her honor this weekend. I hope she is sitting on top of a ledge with Jerry just hangin' around and having good conversation. She will be missed very much.

hugs and warm fuzzies everyone,
stef

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDawg
No one is going to insult you for asking a question here....
Old 2016-01-05, 05:35 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

ugh.. what the heck is this bullshit. To which i know Kat is replying.. Tell me about it!

Kat was a trip. One I much enjoyed. I find comfort knowing she lived her life on her own terms as she pleased. She often said she'd have plenty of time to rest later.

rest easy sweet dreams
Old 2016-10-13, 06:46 PM
256.41 GB/606.92 GB/2.37

this happened as recently as two weeks ago, I was emptying the dishwasher (because it wont do it itself Das) and due to carelssness or something like that, I ended up getting stabbed by a fork. Goddamned that hurt! I thought of Kat immediately and how the whole thing would have made her chuckle and tell me to pay more attention to what I was doing,

:

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions