The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-04-21, 05:54 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Seeding/Lineage Questions?

All you need to do is document what you did. Your lineage/source information would look something like this (fill in as much info as possible):

Source one: aud > ? unknown equipment and transfer > 1st gen tape > transfer method to PC > wav
Source two: aud > ? unknown equipment and transfer > 2nd gen tape > transfer method to PC > wav
Mix: wav from Source one and Source two then blended using Audacity to fill in several cuts and dropouts

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-04-21, 07:16 PM
61.41 GB/94.99 GB/1.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
All you need to do is document what you did. Your lineage/source information would look something like this (fill in as much info as possible):

Source one: aud > ? unknown equipment and transfer > 1st gen tape > transfer method to PC > wav
Source two: aud > ? unknown equipment and transfer > 2nd gen tape > transfer method to PC > wav
Mix: wav from Source one and Source two then blended using Audacity to fill in several cuts and dropouts
And what if I don't have all that info? These tapes transfers came back from STG, and the original seeder's notes only indicate 1st gen>CD-R(x)>EAC>etc.

It seems to fall under some gray area:
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Aud 1st Gen > cdx > shn:
Again, this depends..... if it is a CDR(x), we want to know that there isn't a better, known generation show already circulating. This also depends on the year of the show, so i can't give a real definite answer on this one.
Old 2005-04-21, 07:51 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

The for Source one, write:

Source one: aud > ? unknown equipment and transfer > 1st gen tape > CD-R(x) > EAC > etc.*
*originally torrented at STG

And something similar for the second source.

We just like you to list what you *do* know and put a '?' where you don't know something.

Since this is an older show, we understand that getting CD-R(M) or (1) or (known) is just not always realistic, so we want to see that (x) or (unknown) in there just so people know what they are getting. It also sometimes doesn't hurt to do a quick check on some sites to see if there is a better source out there, but, like I said, with these older shows it is just hard to know.

Old 2005-05-13, 12:23 PM
Evan657
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

i am working on puting together a dvd seed and when i make the md5 hash. then put the md5summer file in the sub folder im getting an error when i verify. that the files dont exist. now i have downloaded a jgb show and the md5 verifed. so i dont know what is going on. the md5 files do verify when they are in the vts_video folder.
Old 2005-05-13, 11:20 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Evan, they don't work when you move them out of the VIDEO_TS folder (or wherever) because then the path is wrong. You need to either create it so that it does an md5 of the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder and the md5 is placed right outside of the VIDEO_TS folder but in the seeding folder (preferred) or you need to just leave the md5 in the VIDEO_TS folder and make sure to specify in your text file that the md5 is in that folder and they need to remove it before burning the DVD.

Old 2005-05-20, 06:08 PM
372.57 GB/302.70 GB/0.81

Sorry folks. Got a great show by The Magic Band but I can't figure out this business with the announceing URL. Where do I put that. When I try uploading the Torrent File it keeps telling me that I have to use the announce URL. Where?
Old 2005-05-20, 08:09 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

When you make the .torrent file, the application will ask you for an announce url. All the sites have different announce urls, our is posted at the top of the ABT and VBT forum (and on the upload page). If you have a space after the announce url, the torrent file will be made incorrectly.

Old 2005-07-05, 07:31 PM
(aka: Jack Straw)
285.51 GB/1.18 TB/4.24

I'm seeding a show now...why doesn't it show under my username?
it shows in the peers detail for the show so I know it's seeding...no biggie, just curious
blackknife
(0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---)
Old 2005-07-05, 07:42 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

The best place to post about your ratio/stats is in the New Tracker Now Online thread. You should look through that thread since there is a bit of info in there. But, anyway, you need to hit Cancel/Stop in order for your stats to update. And, unfortunately, there are some clients that just don't communicate correctly with the tracker, so it just doesn't update.

Old 2005-07-15, 02:13 AM
2.26 GB/2.34 GB/1.04

Is this kind of lineage okay here for posting,

Sony TCD-D100 48khz > goldwave > eq > Cd WAV Editor > FLAC

Thanks
Old 2005-07-15, 07:08 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

a DAT player where the show is then equilized and then split into tracks and flaced? I can't think of any reason why that wouldn't be allowed.

Cool shades.

Old 2005-07-15, 07:24 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

the eq'ing was probably done in goldwave and it would also need to be downsampled to 44.1kHz in order to burn an audio cdr ... we don't have a specific rule against 48kHz flac sets, tho. seed it up anytime.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2005-07-17, 10:20 PM
2.26 GB/2.34 GB/1.04

Thanks for your kindness, maybe a couple of weeks, Im gonna post one of the PW 2005 shows.
Old 2005-07-18, 02:41 PM
TTD VIP
1.67 TB/3.62 TB/2.17

Maybe I'm gettin' blind..
but I can't find any link to upload a torrent on Trader's Den!?
I guess I need some light to find it!
Old 2005-07-18, 02:46 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Go to the ABT or VBT forum and hit the New Thread button. It will take you to the upload page.

(I should ask Brian to make it into an Upload Torrent button!)

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble