The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-08-28, 09:46 AM
21.80 GB/178.42 GB/8.18

Audio Pitch Correction In Vegas?

Quick question here: I assume you can correct pitch in Vegas, can anyone tell me how? Heres my problem...

Im trying to synch a show I video taped digitally (mini DV) with a digital recording from that show, but it seems the audio is running a tiny bit slow. I dont notice it when I listen to the audio, but if I synch up the start of a song, by the end of the song its about 2 seconds behind the video.

This is the 4th or 5th DVD I have synched, and I've never had this problem before. The audio and video have always lined up perfect with no adjustments, which you would expect since both sources are digital.

I know for sure I have NO dropped frames in my video, Vegas gives you a report after capturing. So this leads me to believe the audio was either taped or transferred slow. I should be able to speed it up slightly so it synchs correctly, right?

Not sure if this helps, but the recorder the taper used was a "Samsung YH920" which after some research looks to be an mp3 player/line in recorder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble