The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-01-20, 11:02 AM
1.07 TB/1.15 TB/1.08

Re: Report all ratio issues here

I'm new, so this may be a really dumb question,,,, I am having a hard time getting my share ratio where it should be. I think the problem may be that i am trying for the more obscure torrents. The ones with only a few peers. would it make sense to go for something faster moving, where i can upload more? Would this affect my overall ratio if I were to keep seeding it after the d/l?

Hope I am on topic
Thanks
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-01-20, 11:10 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hi Festafarian,

As you are finding out, if you get onto an older torrent with fewer peers, it is hard to get your ratio up. That's because not as many people need the data from you. If you get onto a 'newer' torrent, one that has lots of leechers, then they will need the data from you and your upload will increase and thus your ratio (upload / download) will increase.

One thing I always do.... right before bed, I check to see which of the torrents that I have on my drive need a seed (or have more leechers than seeders) and I set my computer up to only upload at it's max all night long. This really helps with my ratio.

Old 2006-01-20, 11:47 AM
1.07 TB/1.15 TB/1.08

Thanks, that's kinda what I thought. I guess Im gonna go find a torrent with lots of leechers and d/l it, see if that helps
Old 2006-01-21, 03:05 PM
1.07 TB/1.15 TB/1.08

I have read faqs till I can't see straight and I still seem to be uploading at a very slow pace. I am running Azureus. Is there some trick I may be missing?
Old 2006-01-21, 03:58 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You speeds depends on too many things. You may want to start a seed in Technobabble about this since this thread isn't really for it.

Old 2006-01-25, 01:06 PM
user00
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Hi,

I only joined today and have downloaded one torrent (Neil Young 01.19.71 Late Toronto). My client shows a download of 365Mb and an upload of 382Mb. My site stats are still showing 0 DL and 0 UL. I've tried shutting down the client and restarting - no change. Should I do anything else?
Old 2006-01-25, 04:54 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hmmm, I couldn't find you on the Peers List for the torrent. Did you start your download from one place (IP) and then login to the site from another place (IP)?

Old 2006-01-26, 06:36 PM
97.23 GB/127.38 GB/1.31

Hi there,

I seeded Jimi Hendrix RAH 1969 for several hours today, but my upload stats haven't changed. The only other file I've downloaded here has almost no leechers, so I can't do much with that. Thanks for your help.
Old 2006-01-30, 10:43 AM
609.63 GB/1.31 TB/2.20

I Downloaded Joshua Redman 8-23-03.tv.dvd.f last week ( Great Show) I kept the seed open over the weekend and uploaded 21.6 GB My share ratio contnues to say 0.000. Same thing seems to be happening to "No More Colours" Pink Floyd audio. What Gives???
Old 2006-01-30, 10:56 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I'm looking at your ratio right now under your name in the post:

inoculator
(180.42 GB/327.56 GB/1.82)

Old 2006-01-31, 10:35 AM
hanyman
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Hi.

I've got a Problem here too.
I joined 3 day ago ,maybe 4 i think , lets say not tooo long ago.

I started leech on 2 torrents:
1. Phish Big.Cypress.NTSC.DVD
2. Steve Vai - The Meteropole Orchestra TV Broadcast.

I've got 90%, or 89,5 is the exact value, of phish, means 3930,87 MB
And 589,23 MB of Vai...

My stats are these: (89.58 MB/50.20 MB/0.56)
What am I doing wrong?
I use BitTornado and on Dimeadozen its really working fine...

Thanks for helping
Hank
Old 2006-01-31, 11:30 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

hanyman, are you torrenting from one computer and then perhaps logging on from another (like one at home, one at work)? The tracker updates stats for the last IP you were known to be at. If you are torrenting from home with one IP and then you logon from work with another IP, it gets confused about who you are and doesn't know who to credit the stats to.

You can always hit the Contact Us link below and give us your correct stats and we can manually update them for you.

Old 2006-01-31, 01:42 PM
hanyman
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Nope.

Only one Computer.
In fact. I it has been updated now, but not correct.
Now it says 204MB /84 Mb.
I'm asking myself where the 4Gb phish areb gone.

One question. If it does not any effect on the possibility to download anything.
Is it ok if I just don't care about it and promise to upload until Iäve got 1.00 ratio?

I try to do this on dime a dozen anyway.
If not ill write a message to my ISP, if they know anything.

One more question:
If I want to seed something.
Is it ok if it is a bootleg I downloaded, for example, at Dimeadozen?

thanks
hank
Old 2006-01-31, 01:53 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

hank,

I'm not sure why your stats didn't update correctly. Sometimes I think the tracker has a mind of it's own. We don't enforce any share ratio here, but we do ask that our users be conscientious sharers here. We realize that there are many ways to share what you get here (b&ps, vining, seeding, making covers, helping people out, etc), so do what you can.

As for uploading a show, we ask that you not download something from one site and immediately upload it here. It's best to let it die down a bit on the other site. And, please give credit to the person who originally uploaded the show if you know what that was. Also, one difference between here and DIME is that we do require lineage with a show. If you look at the top of the Audio torrents seeded here, they all say something like: Silver CD > EAC > xACT > flac or all-sorts-of-taping-equipment-listed > transfer-to-computer-method > Traders Little Helper > flac or similar (see the Audio BitTorrent Seeding Policy in my sig for many more examples). A lot of people are starting to include lineage on other sites, but not everyone is, so some torrents from other sites may not be allowed here because they don't have any lineage. If you have questions about this, please feel free to ask away in the Technobabble forum (here). We have a lot of helpful people in this forum to answer your questions about this.

Old 2006-01-31, 02:13 PM
hanyman
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Ok.
Ill do my best.

Infact I'm seeding now with 56kb/s and I'll go on as lonng as its possible for everyone to download it.

Ah and what you said about seeding torrents from dime, was something I thought about anyway. I wasnt just quite sure if it is allowed.

Thanks.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble