The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-07-09, 11:34 AM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

ratio reversal

my stats are switched and now my 2.0 turned into a .5...I guess I don't really care because I know what I do, and others do too, and if they don't, that's too bad, but I do enjoy seeing it for my own sense of accomplishment...and maybe I'm not the only one...I'd hate to think a guy with a dismal ratio is all of a sudden sittin on a 1000.00 ratio because his crap is now his fortune...hopefully this isn't a technical boondoggle that opens a whole can o worms...at least it looks like the actual stats are right, they are just reversed, so it is still counting the data properly, just backwards, so it avoids the issue of people bitchin about not gettin credit for stuff and other such issues, but if someone in staff could switch it back, and maybe tell me what happened (to satisfy my curiosity) I'd really appreciate it...as it stands, the less I share the better my stats...I think some people are dying with laughter over this one considering some of the previous forums we've had
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-07-09, 11:38 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: ratio reversal

What client do you use?

Edit: Nevermind, I looked it up - Azureus - which is not a trouble client.

When did you notice that this happened?

(I'm gonna reverse them for you since I know they used to be the other way around also.)

Another edit: Are your up and down credits being added correctly or reversed also?

Old 2007-07-09, 11:43 AM
4.86 GB/734.96 GB/151.30

bad ratio = bad person
Old 2007-07-09, 11:45 AM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

maybe yesterday, but I only noticed it today...I don't always look, but where I'm here a lot, I think I'd have noticed it if it was more than yesterday...thanx Lynne...I'm curious to know what happened if you manage to figure it out...I can't imagine it's something I did, I always use azureus, so there's no other clients involved...but if I did, lmk so I can correct it...weird stuff
Old 2007-07-09, 11:53 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I do know that some clients will do wacky things to stats. It has to do with either them pounding the tracker or reporting the stats in a way that the tracker doesn't understand. I don't always know why the tracker does the things it does, which is why I am more than willing to fix whatever it has managed to do. I would think it was just some fluke. (I don't want to 'blame' it on when I was pounding the servers yesterday morning with doing backups, but I do wonder if that might be when this happened?)

Old 2007-07-09, 12:04 PM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bot
bad ratio = bad person
you got me

I've been a baaaaaaad boy

EDIT: thanx for the tip Lynne...no biggie, hope it's an isolated incident and not the start of your worst nightmare...I'll let you know personally if I have any further incident, unless this firum is still open, as to not create a sitewide panic

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble