The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-01-30, 08:49 AM
Hatfield21
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Talking Re: Ok, got the dvd burned and now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokona
Hatfield21 - I'm having problems as well. The files check out by the MD5 checksum, but when I burn DVD, it takes forever to burn and when done, the burn fails. I wonder if there is something wrong but haven't seen anyone else post problems. I'm using the latest version of Nero.

it's taking me 2-3 hours to burn a dvd right now. it says that the capacity exceeds the normal dvd disk space, but it's on 4.39gb and the dvds i'm using (dvd+r) have a capacity of 4.7gb. when i go to burn it says i need to use a dvd 9?? and that it may cause problems or not burn correctly. i burned it again and it did the same thing...video and no audio. i guess i should check it on my pc first and see if it plays on it. also what is and where do you get a md5 checksum?

from the torrent post...
Please note that the audio on this set is ac3. I apologize but it was a video rendering mistake that would have put this disc over size. I didn't want to do a DVD9 and rather then compress the video I opted to compress the audio. It still sounds great if you don't like it then by all means do not download :-) Also Im looking for a quick turn around on this I wll be seeding at 90+kbs and will dropp off after a few completes. I have another project on the works that Im real excited about and want to get up in the next day or 2. Enjoy :-)

could that have something to do with the audio not showing up on my dvd?

Last edited by Hatfield21; 2006-01-30 at 08:55 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-01-30, 08:57 AM
On the outside looking in
79.07 GB/117.24 GB/1.48

Re: Ok, got the dvd burned and now...

I had the same problem with john peel's led zeppelin'71 dvd,I solved it by opening two windows , one with the dvd files and the second with nero 6 "burn dvd files". And then slipped all the files over with my mouse, and then burn't with no problems in about 15 mins.
Old 2006-01-30, 09:31 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Could it be that you guys are leaving the md5 in the VIDEO_TS folder when burning it?

Old 2006-01-30, 09:48 AM
Hatfield21
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Could it be that you guys are leaving the md5 in the VIDEO_TS folder when burning it?

very well could be....did it take everyone else a hew tries to get the hang of this??
Old 2006-01-30, 10:16 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Well, usually the person takes the md5 file out of the VIDEO_TS folder and puts it in the root folder before seeding the show. But, occassionally the forget. The only files that should be in your VIDEO_TS folder when you burn it are the BUP, IFO, and VOB files. All other files may be put in an EXTRA_TS folder and that folder may be burned at the root of the DVD (most DVD players will accept that).

Old 2006-02-02, 10:14 PM
asdfghjklzxcvbnm
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

burning dvd9

can somone tel me how to burn dvd9 format???
Old 2006-02-03, 06:29 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Re: burning dvd9

you'll need a dual layer DVD burner & dual layer DVDRs...any dvd burning program thats a fairly recent release should be able to burn DVD9s
Old 2006-02-06, 10:28 PM
283.55 GB/179.69 GB/0.63

Burning From Dvd To Dvd/ripping Program??????

I want to burn from one dvd to another so I figure I need a program to rip from DVD to my hard drive.......just like with CD-R's. I use nero 6 to burn, don't know if that makes any difference (I would guess not). Anyways can someone please inform me of a very simple program to use to rip DVD's to my computer so that I can use all of my shows to trade not just the stuff on my HD. Thanks in advance-Matt
Old 2006-02-06, 10:43 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Burning From Dvd To Dvd/ripping Program??????

I believe you can use DVD Decryptor: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi..._decrypter.cfm

Old 2006-02-07, 02:53 AM
Mandolindan
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

How does this newb burn onto a dvd?

OK....can i get some help putting these files onto a disc that i can watch on my dvd player? I am running out of room on my hard drive...I have no problem using universal front or MKW to be able to put the files onto c.d. but what do I do to burn the DVD? also i heard there might be a way to burn a video onto a cd-r and trick my dvd player to play it .... thanks for your help...dan
Old 2006-02-07, 04:53 AM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

Re: How does this newb burn onto a dvd?

Do you have a DVD burner?
Do you have software to burn a DVD with? Which program is it?
Putting DVD files on CD requires re-encoding to VCD specs and will likely degrade the quality and should be done for personal use only. Does your DVD player support VCDs.

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2006-02-07, 07:33 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

you don't need any program to "rip" with as long as the disc is not encrypted [shows from trading circles shouldn't have any encryption]

just nisert the disc, copy all of the files from the disc to yer HD...if yer trading, burn the show as a "data disc"...includethe show's Video_TS folder, as well as any md5 checksums/info text/artwork that came with the show...
Old 2006-02-07, 09:13 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I would suggest making an md5 checksum of the VIDEO_TS contents on the DVD prior to copying it to your harddrive. Then, after you have copied it, you can run the md5 check on the copied VIDEO_TS folder and verify that everything copied over correctly.

Old 2006-02-07, 09:15 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

werd! what lynne said
Old 2006-02-07, 12:22 PM
Mandolindan
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: How does this newb burn onto a dvd?

I just DL the latest version of nero...and haven't had any luck ..I tried using their vcd program that says it converts the files and seems to work until the end when it doesnt. Has any one had any luck with this program? what if I was starting from scratch? what would i use once i have the show downloaded? What would i use to keep the quality of the show?

Last edited by Mandolindan; 2006-02-07 at 12:28 PM.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble