The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders

Notices

Good & Bad Traders If you've had either a good or bad experience with a trader here, please let people know.

Old 2006-11-03, 09:36 PM
136.09 GB/105.13 GB/0.77

Thumbs down Bad Trader: Rodger Mcbride/Beth Hall

BAD TRADER !

Rodger Mcbride ([email protected])

Address : XXXX-XXXth avenue, oakland, california XXXXX U.S.A

Promised to send out the discs at the same time. So I sent out the package few days later after our emailing. And of course, he received the pacakge I sent him. But this shit said "Remember 3 of my discs won't play, so it's a useless trade". This means that he intends to do not send my discs. This sxxker is really self-centered guy, and liar as well. (He says that he has many rare yngwie videos from masters but it must be a black lie.) So I wanna let my good friends world-wide know about this bad trader.

Last edited by JB Kim; 2006-11-04 at 08:50 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2010-08-21, 03:34 AM
TTD VIP
2.99 TB/5.20 TB/1.74

Re: BAD TRADER : Rodger Mcbride ([email protected])

This person also masquerades as "Beth Hall" from the same address in Oakland (which rules likely prevent me from posting) pretending to be terminally ill and begging B&P's off people. I did like 2 then figured out it was probably a hustle and told "her" to stop sending me blanks. Then I got an email saying "I never got the last package" followed by a package with a brand new set of requests. I've been too busy to deal with this shit one way or another but I guess since she couldn't leave well enough alone and find some other sucker I might as well post a warning here since I am sick of getting these "When are you sending my discs I am gonna die soon" emails.
Old 2010-08-21, 03:09 PM
TTD VIP
2.99 TB/5.20 TB/1.74

Scammer - "Beth Hall" Oakland, CA

This person contacted me sometime during the spring claiming to be terminally ill and wanting to hear as much music as possible before dying and if I would do a B&P for one show. It sounded very implausible from the get-go but I agreed since the disc "she" wanted was already out. And got a package with 4 blanks and postage money. I filled the request and figured that was that.

Then immedietly got another package with 4 more blanks. I was pretty much ready to close up shop so I could enjoy my summer and the shows I traded for. But this all seemed pretty odd so I googled the address and came up with these links to "Bad Trader" warnings.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=28871

http://stormbringer.come2me.nl/

http://www.britmovie.co.uk/forums/to...er-musicbytes/

I put a note in the last package saying I won't be able to fill any more requests hoping "she" would just move on to some other sucker. I just sorta laughed to myself over it figuring this person would eventually get what's coming to them.

I get an email saying "I never recieved the last package" then got another package with blanks for all different requests.

I basically ignore most of this persons subsequent emails other than to state I am just never home to make discs anymore. Which is true, terminally ill or not. I keep getting "Please send the discs I don't have much longer to live." When I mentioned the requests look totally different I get a "I changed my mind about what I wanted" response.

Anyway, I might use the postage money to send this person's blanks back but thought I would cast this warning since no doubt "she" has contacted other people to hustle discs out of them.
Old 2010-09-13, 03:12 PM
TTD VIP
2.99 TB/5.20 TB/1.74

Re: Bad Trader: Rodger Mcbride/Beth Hall

I thought this person saw the thread and pursued some other strategy but then I got this -

"I am leaving for hospice care at the end of September never to return to my house so please let me know if you are sending the discs, Beth."

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders