The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2019-05-20, 07:24 PM
237.61 GB/2.27 TB/9.80

Roland R-07 duel recording post production question here.

OK so here's the deal,

I recently did a recording on my Roland R-07 in dual recording mode. Where you set the first tracks levels and it will record a second track @ 20 db lower. It was an acoustic set so I push the first track levels higher than I normally do. With the attention of using the second recording for all the added noise between tracks where on the first recording is fucking hot from clapping and stuff.

I thought I read somewhere after buying the recorder that either in the unit itself or an app from Roland lets you merge the two tracks together using only the second track when the first is too hot and is clipping ?

Both tracks came out exactly how I wanted them too. Now I am looking for a very easy way to edit both recordings together as one. Then move on to other programs/apps I use for post productions.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2019-05-21, 12:02 PM
237.61 GB/2.27 TB/9.80

Re: Roland R-07 duel recording post production question here.

Just need to know how to do a basic insert edit.
Of the bottom recording into the top recording.
And keeping the two in sync with each other.

That's is all I need help with at this point.
The rest I know how to do.
Looking for the easiest way of doing this.

I also do use Adobe Audition 3 at times if that is easier to do ?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot (107) 72dpi.png
( 149.0 KB, 31 views)

Old 2019-05-21, 06:40 PM
87.70 GB/175.64 GB/2.00

The recordings should be the exact same length. You're going to probably need to use the Multitrack function in Audition to edit this. Make sure when you drop each track in that they both are starting at 0h0m. You could create markers for the start and stop point for each section you want to take out of the top track, then in the bottom track you would simply copy the same area between the markers, and paste it into the top track. You may need to adjust the volume of the section you insert; you will want to do this to make sure that the sound still sounds natural with the edited portion inserted. Maybe listen to about 10-15 seconds before the insert, and listen to that and the inserted portion and see if the audio is distracting when the inserted portion comes in. You don't want listeners to be thrown off by that volume change. Thus, the reason you will need to adjust that clip. Hope that isn't too confusing and helps you get started!
Old 2019-05-21, 09:18 PM
237.61 GB/2.27 TB/9.80

It records two same exact recordings with the only difference being the second track being 20 db lower, that's it. I also have each portion of the recording set to 512mb per session. This way I have less to work on and is faster to process. I went in planning on using multi-track DAW program in post production.
Old 2019-05-21, 10:49 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.80 TB/9.57

Just copy the sections you want from the one file and paste them over the same spots in the other file. Obviously you want to note the exact start and end points for each section, so that the file stays the same length. Tedious, but should do the trick, if I am understanding what you want to do. And of course if you screw one up, just undo it in edit.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble