The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2010-12-05, 12:35 PM
527.19 GB/3.15 TB/6.12

Help uploading a video concert already upped at DaD

I'm maddeningly trying to upload a DVD concert that I've already upped at Dime and am just trying to add the tracker from TTD, post the show on the video uploads section and start seeding it here at TTD as well as at DaD. I have added and re-added the CORRECT tracker from this site and tried and tried and tried to get the torrent to attach and upload from the "Upload Torrent" page to no avail. Is this difficult? I mean seriously, I am a college grad with an above average IQ here. How about a page with instructions to do this? I have filled out all the info on the upload page, Is there any point here?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2010-12-05, 12:59 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Re: Help uploading a video concert already upped at DaD

a torrent file will not upload if it has multiple trackers
create new torrent file that points to the ttd tracker only

now if you wanted to 'bridge' your two seeds at two separate private trackers..
dont make the torrent private > enable DHT in your client > seed at both locations
eventually the seeders/leechers from both sites should blend/share in the cloud..
some frown upon this and claim that it creates 'ghost leechers' but they forget it also creates 'ghost seeders' ..imo, its all good.

there is a FAQ section and/or post back here for help
Old 2010-12-05, 01:10 PM
527.19 GB/3.15 TB/6.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh View Post
a torrent file will not upload if it has multiple trackers
create new torrent file that points to the ttd tracker only

now if you wanted to 'bridge' your two seeds at two separate private trackers..
dont make the torrent private > enable DHT in your client > seed at both locations
eventually the seeders/leechers from both sites should blend/share in the cloud..
some frown upon this and claim that it creates 'ghost leechers' but they forget it also creates 'ghost seeders' ..imo, its all good.

there is a FAQ section and/or post back here for help

Thanks man, I got it. Makes no sense to me that a seperate torrent is necessary, private tracker or not, but such is the way it is.
Old 2010-12-05, 06:36 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

The reason you need two separate torrents is because each site personalizes the tracker url in the torrent that you then download from the site. If you download the torrent file from here, you only get the passkey added to the url for here. If you download the torrent file from Dime, then you only get the passkey added to the url for there. You can then play in your torrent client and merge these, but most users don't know how to do that.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble