The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2005-07-08, 03:59 PM
708.53 GB/1.01 TB/1.46

Re: New Tracker now Online

I just switched to ABC 3.0.1 earlier today, and have had good luck so far. Lots of features, adjustable columns of info, a queue, etc. And stats are updating on the tracker perfectly. Since this version of ABC is based on Bit Tornado 0.3.12, I wonder if the fix was made in Tornado, or by the ABC 'upgrades'?

Also saw on the Tornado site that this would prolly be the last 0.3.x. release, as he is sick of python...

I think I like ABC. It takes a little setup to get the info columns that you want in your display, and the window is larger than Tornado. The ability to keep a queue is a very nice feature now that I am starting to seed more.

And it has worked perfectly on all the BT trackers I use, so I guess I'll stop my bitching about why Tornado is faulty on this tracker

Thanks again everyone, looks like things are smoothing out...
...... N I C E ......
Old 2005-07-09, 06:01 PM
Motor City
107.72 GB/115.60 GB/1.07

I think my stats updated, and I'm using BitTornado 0.2.0 for this site.

Also, I noticed when I hit details to see who's on a torrent, there are a few IP addresses with no corresponding usernames. Who are these people>?
Old 2005-07-09, 08:01 PM
We all walk the Long Road....
75.63 GB/483.42 GB/6.39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmikdebris

Also, I noticed when I hit details to see who's on a torrent, there are a few IP addresses with no corresponding usernames. Who are these people>?
i know that if i start seeding a torrent logged on at home then go to work and check the site and log on then on the torrent it will no longer show my username as being the seeder, it will only show my home ip address...
Old 2005-07-09, 09:24 PM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Quote:
Those are probably guests, but I could be wrong. I'm still trying to figure out what a torrent is
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-07-09, 09:46 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Quote:
those are ppl who are connected but not logged in right now. please be sure to log in before starting/stopping a torrent to get stats working.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2005-07-11, 09:47 AM
521.57 GB/1.44 TB/2.82

Quote:
yeah my ip shows up but not my username, nor have my stats budged. i'm guessing it's b/c im using bittornado? p.s i have logged in/out several times as well as start/stop the torrents ive been on.
Old 2005-07-11, 11:09 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

rhundley, do you have a dynamic IP addy or do you log in from different places? The IP address that is currently stored in the database for your name is different than the one you were at when you posted the above message. So, that is probably why your name doesn't show up.

As for your stats, only shows on the new tracker will affect your stats. If you were on a new show, hit the Contact Us link on the bottom of this page and submit the thread link and what you think your stats should be for it and we can change the stats for you.

Old 2005-07-11, 02:59 PM
521.57 GB/1.44 TB/2.82

i log in from campus every once in a while, but the message from earlier today was from home. i do all my uploads/downloads from here, so maybe i registered on campus and thats why it's not matched up. is there a way i can fix it? thanks for the help btw
Old 2005-07-11, 04:11 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

rhundley, I manually changed it to the IP you used to post your last two messages.

Old 2005-07-11, 05:04 PM
521.57 GB/1.44 TB/2.82

hmm, still not working... i logged out/back in and restarted this torrent and I show up as 68.48.209 w/no name. it's all good though, everything else works fine so i guess it doesnt really matter that much. thanks again
Old 2005-07-11, 05:44 PM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

68.48.209.xxx is Comcast

The IP we have that you used for your last post is an AOL proxy. If you're using AOL at all, you'll likely see inconsistencies in IPs.
Old 2005-07-14, 07:11 PM
willard
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

So how definite are you folks about implementing a passkey system (i'm guessing it's like dime)? I'm not too concerned with stats and lazy enough to want to skip the (two ) steps currently needed to get my stats to update properly. If you won't be implementing a passkey system in the near future and feel that it's in the site's best interest to have accurate stats, can you make this clear?

thx.

ps. my famous last words: "My stats are always good. Trust me!"
Old 2005-07-14, 10:02 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I'm very interested in implementing a passkey system. However, I'm the only one on the site doing any site programming and I have other stuff going on in my life. So, it's a matter of when I find the time to do it. I have some code from a couple of other trackers that use passkeys, but I have yet to find the time to sit back and actually 'read' it to find out what's going on.

However, even if we have a passkey system in effect, I just don't see us going to any kind of share ratio enforcement. People don't only share by keeping their windows open. I wrote something on the home page about all the other ways people share on this site. It isn't all about share ratios here since we aren't just a torrent site like DIME is (nothing against DIME at all).

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions