The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2005-12-07, 03:33 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Video BT: How to view and burn DVDs sticky?

Yo all-

It seems that there are more and more people asking how to view and burn (or even CONVERT) the DVDs they download in the video BT section. I think it might save a lot of repetivie help to the kind folks involved with that forum to make a sticky on how to view and burn the DVDs you download. I'd be happy to write it up for OSX.

I think this is a really good idea, but then again the people who ask questions that basic might not read a sticky like that.

Comments are welcome.
Old 2005-12-07, 05:11 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Video BT: How to view and burn DVDs sticky?

Hey Graham, that is a good idea, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better off somewhere in the FAQ. We could end up with a lot of stickies at the top of that forum if we addressed all the different issues. Allthough, maybe one sticky with links to the different parts of the FAQ that pertain to Video:

Video BT Policy
Video BT Seeding Guide
Bit Torrent Clients
Using GSpot to grab Video Bit Rate info for seeding (PC)
Using (I forget) to grab Video Bit Rate info for seeding (Mac)
What does the Video Bitrate info mean to me?
Burning DVDs on a PC
Burning DVDs on a Mac (I haven't updated that in ages)
Viewing DVDs on a PC
Viewing DVDs on a Mac

etc. Something along those lines for a Sticky at the top and then point to various places in the FAQ. Do you think that would be useful?

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-12-07, 06:48 PM
I love them redheads!
70.51 GB/140.66 GB/1.99

No one reads the FAQ either!

One of the couple of guides I've been meaning to get off my arse and write...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpermaLopez
Sorry, I'm still a n00b.
Old 2005-12-07, 06:55 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I know a lot of people don't read the FAQ. But, it's a useful place to keep everything for those that do read it and do search it. That's why I suggested one sticky at the top of the forum that has useful links *to* the FAQ (like in my example).

Aaron has started a few guides. But, then he became a Mod and hasn't had time to work on them since. Oh, and he bought a house and is moving.

Old 2005-12-08, 11:02 AM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Yeah, I mean wherever you guys think it should go, but I think it would help to have one so we could use a general, "Read the how to burn/watch DVDs FAQ" response instead of going through the whole song and dance every time.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions