The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-06-21, 09:51 PM
391.95 GB/286.43 GB/0.73

trying to UL for the first time, think I screwed up!!!

Ok, so I tried for the first time to UL a torrent. Everytime I went to post the files, it kept taking along time. So i stopped it, i thought. I guess I hit upload torrent, bc it is showing up. I need to have it removed, (b/c only the track 1 is showing up) so that I can try again tomorrow, maybe my computer's being weird. The audio torrent is Lost Ridge Band, 7/10/04. Thanks,
and I will be buggin this forum alot tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-06-21, 11:18 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: trying to UL for the first time, think I screwed up!!!

The reason it took so long is because you actually uploaded the flac file. You should take a look at these links:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...item#faq_rules - Seeding Policy, our rules to follow
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...faq_audioguide - Seeding Guide, step-by-step on how to get a torrent ready
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...#faq_a_torrent - How to make a torrent file using Azureus

Those links should help you out a bit. If you have more questions, just post them in this thread.

Old 2007-06-22, 07:36 PM
391.95 GB/286.43 GB/0.73

Re: trying to UL for the first time,

Ok, so I think I created the torrent file, i uploaded, and now it has been announced. But I am the only leecher, (not the seeder). What next? I use the Official Bittorrent client?? It is Lost Ridge Band. Thanks.
Old 2007-06-22, 07:59 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You probably have your bittorrent client set to always save shows in the same folder and I'll bet the show you are trying to seed is NOT in that folder. So, go into your preferences, uncheck the option to always save in the same place, remove the torrent from your bt client, add it again, when it asks where to save it, point it to the same folder you did when you made the torrent.

Old 2007-06-22, 10:36 PM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

This is from the www.dimeadozen.org homepage:

" Attention users of client Mainline (BitTorrent) v4.22 and above:

Mainline (BitTorrent) v4.22 and above is anything else but a reliable BitTorrent client. It doesn't adhere to Bram Cohen's own protocol specs of v1.0 anymore, so we had to ban it from our trackers today (April 26, 2007). Sorry for that. See our FAQ for recommended clients."

I would switch to something like BitTornado 3.18, which has encryption or Azeurus, which also has encryption. Much better than the Official Bittorrent client. I use BitTornado 3.18 and am very happy with it.
Old 2007-06-23, 09:01 AM
391.95 GB/286.43 GB/0.73

Ok, so I have it on my torrent as DL and UL. But yet not seeding or obviously dl. I saved it in the same folder. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'd really like to get this out to some folks.
Old 2007-06-23, 09:31 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

OK, you are now using the personalized torrent, however, it looks like it is pointed to the wrong folder to seed. When you started the torrent, did it ask you where you wanted to save the files? If not, then you need to go into your preferences/options and make sure it asks you and doesn't assume where you want to save them. What bittorrent client are you using?

Old 2007-06-23, 09:39 AM
391.95 GB/286.43 GB/0.73

I use the official bittorrent client. When asked what folder to save in, i browsed and chose the folder on my HD that holds the FLAC files. Again, in my client, I have the torrent x2, I have a check mark by one and a DL arrow on the other. Thanks alot.
Old 2007-06-23, 09:55 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

OK, do this instead.... stop the torrent and remove it from your client. Now, start it again and when it asks where to save, picture the folder that contains the folder that has the flac files. ie.

Music folder (contains)
- Lost Ridge Band (which contains)
- - lrb2004-07-10d1t01.flac
- - lrb2004-07-10d1t02.flac
- - lrb2004-07-10d1t03.flac
- - etc

So, instead of picking Lost Ridge Band, pick Music (in this example).

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble