The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-11-23, 02:58 PM
1.59 TB/658.72 GB/0.41

Weird thing after I burned a DVD

This has happened before but is certainly not typical, one of the DVD's of the finished torrent doesnt play well in my standalone. The other plays just fine. I noticed the first DVD kind of getting digi-weird and so I went to rewind it and it begins to play fast with no sound and a lot of artifacts popping up. It seems as if I could watch the entire thing straight through but I havnt tried as I dont really want to keep a messed up DVD if I can fix it. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there something I can do? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-11-23, 02:59 PM
1.59 TB/658.72 GB/0.41

Re: Weird thing after I burned a DVD

I also wanted to add that the MD5's checked out fine and Im currently seeding the show (gd3.27.88), but the first set just wont play correctly
Old 2006-11-23, 03:17 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I seem to remember something about if the total bitrate is over 9500 (can't remember exactly), then some standalone players have problems playing the DVD. In the first disc, the max bitrate for the video is 8500 and then add to that the audio of 1536 and you get over 9500. I wish I had bookmarked where I read this information. Unfortunately, I don't have time at the moment to go look it up.

It plays fine on your computer though, right?

Old 2006-11-23, 03:58 PM
1.59 TB/658.72 GB/0.41

Yeah actually it plays just fine on my computer. huh, I didnt realize that. I think I need a new DVD player anyway. Im going to get one thats plays PAL and NTSC that people have been talking about. Hopefull I can find one that also plays these high bitrate DVD's as well. Thank you for checking it out. Happy Thanksgivins
Old 2006-11-23, 04:18 PM
1.59 TB/658.72 GB/0.41

I have another DVD that Ive had on my computer forever, and I realize that it too has a high bitrate. I just thought these were ruined somehow, but now I understand. I just have a crappy DVD player. If anyone can suggest a DVD player that plays NTSC/PAL and can handle high bitrate DVD's (for a modest price) Id be very happy.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble