The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-05-24, 10:07 PM
2.22 TB/2.02 TB/0.91

Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadissue
What version of Windows are you using?
i am using xp home edition 2002 sp2

i may grab azuerus to finish the two partial torrents i have.
i am not worried about the firewall settings because i will not be keeping the client

they will fix the bugs and all will be good........eventually
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-05-24, 10:20 PM
RIP Syd Barrett
70.24 GB/152.89 GB/2.18

Patience folks. I'm sure there are a lot of people who are just finding out about this now and will be back. I was uploading but I figure my partner has turned off the computer at home as I'm no longer uploading on Dime either. Now I'm at work but when I get home I'll get back to seeding. I'll be seeding only and not leeching for the next couple of weeks as this month's bandwidth has already run out until the 5th of next month. I figure there are others like me who will find out about the changes and then start reseeding when they get the chance.

And, thanks to the folks who keep this place afloat, it's brilliant. I would also recommend uTorrent - it's so easy to use and works really well for me.

DS
Old 2006-05-24, 10:23 PM
66.08 GB/73.93 GB/1.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by candleman
i am using xp home edition 2002 sp2

i may grab azuerus to finish the two partial torrents i have.
i am not worried about the firewall settings because i will not be keeping the client

they will fix the bugs and all will be good........eventually
Um, have you tried portforward.com? Disabling the Windows firewall?

Forwarding and enabling ports is not hard and not that much trouble to do. I don't get it people. Just a little effort and EVERYONE benefits from you not being firewalled. :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi420
it is human nature to resist change...
I resisted changing clients ~1 year ago. I was using bittornado for years but changed to azureus reluctantly. I was very stubborn. Now I love azureus and don't look back to bittorado, which sucks in comparison to azureus, and I will subbornly never change even if something better comes along
My history goes the other way around. First used Azureus but changed it to BitTornado because Azureus was a resource hog. Now I am torrent-happy with uTorrent. Pretty much like Azureus but uses less memory.
Old 2006-05-24, 10:34 PM
2.22 TB/2.02 TB/0.91

with bittornado i am not firewalled.
i just grabbed azeurus to finish my partials,then i will just wait until the bugs are fixed,which i am confident they will be.

and yes i have tried portforward.com
Old 2006-05-24, 10:36 PM
539.22 GB/1.08 TB/2.06

Question Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

excuse me if this has been asked already and i missed it...i use azureus and have had no problems...i'm currently waiting on the roy buchanan dvd to finish and i was seeding the two disc dvd set of get back and winter...i had already reseeded about a 1.2 return ratio when i reloaded the get back discs so i could continue seeding and after it checked and reappeared it showed my reseeding as non-existent...does this go against my share ratio? thanks for any info
Old 2006-05-24, 10:38 PM
66.08 GB/73.93 GB/1.12

Damn! Re-downloading all these torrent files is a pain in the ass!

Just happy I can help somehow....
Old 2006-05-24, 10:38 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

i just want to thank lynne for enduring the insanity that is "code", & gsmyth for his tireless effort to be the "broken record" for you today ...cheers!

and whats the deal with all the Mac heads freaking out about not using the BitTorrent client?! there are numerous others you can use [be it powerpc or intel, 10.4 or 10.3 or etc]

personally, i had no problem running Azureus on my old mac, which was a crappy 733MHz powerpc w/ only 1GB of RAM...no issues with draining system resources, blah blah...still works fine with the new intel processors too...but if you don't want Azureus, there's also Tomato Torrent, Transmission, etc...its all at versiontracker
Old 2006-05-24, 10:42 PM
djbuffaloman
55.71 GB/54.66 GB/0.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmyth79
Azureus man. Google it.

hahahah ! ready it's working now !
tnks
Old 2006-05-24, 10:46 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovalle
excuse me if this has been asked already and i missed it...i use azureus and have had no problems...i'm currently waiting on the roy buchanan dvd to finish and i was seeding the two disc dvd set of get back and winter...i had already reseeded about a 1.2 return ratio when i reloaded the get back discs so i could continue seeding and after it checked and reappeared it showed my reseeding as non-existent...does this go against my share ratio? thanks for any info
Your ratio will actually be more accurate now and you won't lose credit for anything previous.

As far as the nonexistant seeding thing you just need to keep your window open and you'll show up eventually. The tracker only changes that info every so often and not immediately.
Old 2006-05-24, 10:47 PM
66.08 GB/73.93 GB/1.12

Eh, crap. Just tried to open a window for the Jimi Hendrix - Royal Albert Hall DVD and got an error:
Failure: Invalid info_hash (19 - %12%D1%10%BB%86%09%B2%28%D3%9A%0A%E9%3Fm%ABe%C8zW)

I deleted the old one off of uTorrent. Also deleted the torrent file itself. Re-downloaded torrent file on the thread for the DVD. Opened up the torrent file again with uTorrent and pointed it to resume off the folder that had the completed download. What now? It's uploading but it has a red arrow instead of the green one.
Old 2006-05-24, 10:50 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner
i just want to thank lynne for enduring the insanity that is "code", & gsmyth for his tireless effort to be the "broken record" for you today ...cheers!
Yeah I only flipped out once on some dude in the RHCP DVD thread. He was clueless.

Anyway I'm done for tonight. Peace out.
Old 2006-05-24, 10:52 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hey guys, I put links to uTorrent and Azureus on the top of all the forums. I hope that helps those of you that decide to switch torrents.

And, I'm sorry this is so frustrating to y'all, believe me, it's frustrating to me also, but the stress is better than jogging for weight loss. I have been working on this all day which is why sometimes the errors are changing on your guys. Those errors help me figure out where the code is dumping people. We *will* get this fixed!

And thanks to Graham and Aaron and all the other wonderful Staff, as well as some of you users who are all trying to help out here. You guys are awesome and this site couldn't be run without all of you!

Old 2006-05-24, 10:56 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmyth79
Yeah I only flipped out once on some dude in the RHCP DVD thread. He was clueless.

Anyway I'm done for tonight. Peace out.
werd, me too...time for a nice drink and a rockin chair

oh and everyone:

IT'S JUST A MUSIC TRADING SITE...YOUR LIFE IS NOT ENDING IF YOU DON'T GET THAT SHOW UNTIL TOMORROW

Old 2006-05-24, 11:00 PM
LastStarfighter
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

for some reason I'm not showing on tracker for the Metallica "1985.08.17 - Donington, England" torrent,
Old 2006-05-24, 11:03 PM
66.08 GB/73.93 GB/1.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner
IT'S JUST A MUSIC TRADING SITE...YOUR LIFE IS NOT ENDING IF YOU DON'T GET THAT SHOW UNTIL TOMORROW

But Fat Joe and Johnny Tightlips want this by tonight! I don't wanna be sleepin' wit da fishes.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions