The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-03-06, 12:32 AM
181.35 GB/192.18 GB/1.06

Re: DVD show burning question

I'm having an extremely frustrating problem. I've got a show that I've burned multiple ways, and I can't come up with a disc that my DVD player will read. I thought I beat this problem when I installed Nero 7. I first had this with an SCI show that I was trying to burn with Sonic Solutions. I used the same approach with Nero, and succeeded. This time I've wasted a small pile of blanks trying to burn a Devildriver show. I followed the above directions perfectly, but now I'm out of options. Should I try a DVD-R instead of a +R? Neither of my burning programs work. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-03-06, 01:39 AM
505.91 GB/533.29 GB/1.05

Do you get errors during the burning? Or just cant watch them on a stand alone player? Does your burner do +R?
Old 2006-03-06, 06:08 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

could be the discs...what kind of discs are they? also check yer standalone's manual for DVD+/-R compatability...

also, with Nero, what kind of disc are you burning [DVD-Video, DVD-ROM (ISO), etc, etc]?

if you've followed the steps below and it still won't work, i'm guessing its a media compatability problem, or just bad media.

Quote:
to burn a "watchable" copy [i.e. on yer home dvd player]:
--open Nero Burning ROM
--select "DVD-Video" as yer project type
--drag *all* of the files in the show's Video_TS folder [.ifo, .bup, & .vob files] to the RED Video_TS folder in the project window.
--burn
Old 2006-03-06, 08:35 AM
181.35 GB/192.18 GB/1.06

I just finished a spindle of Memorex +Rs. I'd already made about a dozen good shows just making data discs using either Nero express or Sonic. Last night, I broke into a spindle of Fujis, and am still having this problem. It's happening on more than one show, now. I've got at least four shows that I can't burn into viewable media. I'm gonna try the same discs in a different DVD player today, and maybe try burning a show with a different pc to see if my burner's the problem.
Old 2006-03-06, 11:42 AM
TTD VIP
437.11 GB/10.44 TB/24.45

Re: dual layer dvd help... no menu?

i have had dvds that you couldn't see the menu but could see the button move around---others had the same disc, some even got it from me and it worked fine--i think it might have to do with the software used to author the disc/player compatability

on the other hand was the disc originally a dual layer disc?
one type, i think -r can hold more info then the other, try burning on a -r disc if you are using +r or vice versa
Old 2006-03-06, 04:53 PM
73.00 GB/113.55 GB/1.56

the show is moe. 01-19-2006. i got it from a torrent, so there was no original disc. i burned it onto a Fuji Film DVD+R Double Layer. i can still watch the disc, but the only problem is the ghost menu. i might try a dvd-r dual layer but it's tough when theyre 5 bucks a pop. thanks for the input.
Old 2006-03-06, 08:07 PM
181.35 GB/192.18 GB/1.06

Well, I may have solved my problem. I just burned disc one of a Gov't Mule show that hadn't worked. This time, I used a Memorex DVD-R instead of a +, and it works in my shitty Apex DVD player, as well as a PS2. I only rolled the dice on a three-pack, so I won't know about my other shows until I get a spindle. My burner will handle all types of DVD media. Now, how can I figure out from the start which kind of disc I'll need to succeed on the first attempt? I'm not cool with wasting discs the way I have been this last week. Anyone?
Old 2006-03-07, 11:00 AM
TTD VIP
437.11 GB/10.44 TB/24.45

is it set 1? set onwe is 4.26gb you shouldn't need a DL
ok i found set 2 that def needs DL
hmmmmm
Old 2006-03-07, 06:26 PM
32.09 GB/8.70 GB/0.27

DVD burning software...??

Hi there, could anyone please tell me where I can find some good free dvd-burning software...?? I have been using dvd-shrink for cracking and writing the discs, but it´s become totally fuct-up and unusable. I tried reinstalling and still the same problems. I´ve been using nero as a backup, but nero can´t crack dvds... I´d be thankful if y´all could help me out... Thanks!!
Old 2006-03-07, 07:40 PM
I love them redheads!
70.51 GB/140.66 GB/1.99

Re: DVD burning software...??

What are you trying to do? Copy a DVD from a trade or something?

Just open up windows explorer and copy the VIDEO_TS folder and its contents to your hard drive. Then burn it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpermaLopez
Sorry, I'm still a n00b.
Old 2006-03-09, 03:36 PM
264.83 GB/288.21 GB/1.09

Question Bad burns...which part of my system is going wrong?

So recently I have been getting discs with flaws...For instance, the pink floyd The Wall disc does not have audio for the first two songs, and the interview at the end has no video. The clifford ball special has what sounds like a tape being fast forwarded for audio in the first half of it.

How can I determine what is going wrong and why? I am using a dell inspirion 1100. The data is coming from a external HD. and the burner is an external LG. (the burner is about 2.5 years old, the HD 3 months) The software I use is shit LG software called power producer. The burns take multiple hours. Well it creates folders for multiple hours then burns real fast. The media is high quality Ridata.

How do I go about pinpointing the problem?
Old 2006-03-10, 07:27 AM
264.83 GB/288.21 GB/1.09

Re: Bad burns...which part of my system is going wrong?

anyone?
Old 2006-03-10, 07:50 AM
yeltzin_4
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuffer
The software I use is shit LG software called power producer. The burns take multiple hours. Well it creates folders for multiple hours then burns real fast. The media is high quality Ridata.
It looks like your software is the problem. If you already have DVD compliant files (ie. you downloaded them from TheTradersDen or DimeADozen) then you're ready to burn and should only take 15 minutes to burn at 4X and even less for 8X or 16X.

Do you have any other burning software on your PC? Nero would be my recommendation. You can download a trial version from www.nero.com to see if it works with your system.

There is free software out there that will also work, but I'll leave recommendations to other posters.
Old 2006-03-10, 07:54 AM
I love them redheads!
70.51 GB/140.66 GB/1.99

Spend the few bucks and get the complete Nero burning program. It's worth it and you'll be using it all the time.

The only other thing I can think of is that your computer is having to transfer data from an external HD, to the internal drive, and back out to an external writer. That's a lot of transferring and every transfer lends itself to errors...especially when burning on the fly like that.

If I were you, I would first copy whatever I wanted to burn from the external hard drive to the internal hard drive and THEN burn. See if that helps out at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpermaLopez
Sorry, I'm still a n00b.
Old 2006-03-10, 09:07 AM
264.83 GB/288.21 GB/1.09

I was leaning towards the software issue myself. And I have thought about the multi transfer issue as well. I will try some of your recomendations. Thanks for your input I appreciate it greatly

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble