The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2010-03-08, 08:47 AM
61.19 GB/6.34 GB/0.10

Recommend a seedbox please

Hey friends, I'm not really a computer savvy person so can you guys recommend me a seed box thats really user friendly and easy to use so even a dummy can figure it out?

I did my research on google and there are so many options but I would rather get advice from those who have actually used one before.

I've made the mistake of buying stuff before which I read online was great but when I bought it it was nothing like what I expected, so it would be great to know what you think.

I'm looking for something cheap and small, I want to start out small and see how that works out and eventually go for the bigger package.

One more question, when I download a torrent to my seedbox, does it come under my monthly bandwidth usage? Or its just something that runs off a server and I can shut my computer down and it still downloads stuff to the seedbox or my pc needs to be on?

thank you. Looking forward to sharing some goodies here
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2010-03-08, 12:04 PM
81.11 GB/305.06 GB/3.76

Re: Recommend a seedbox please

Never used one, but they offer slots over on Zomb now and again. There is probably some good info over there, if you look.
Old 2010-03-11, 12:58 AM
473.95 GB/532.25 GB/1.12

Re: Recommend a seedbox please

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiplex2 View Post
One more question, when I download a torrent to my seedbox, does it come under my monthly bandwidth usage?
No, anything that your seedbox downloads won't come off your monthly usage that you get from your ISP.

Once the seedbox has completed its download, you can FTP into the Seedbox and download your files. This is when it comes off your monthly quota.

Quote:
Or its just something that runs off a server and I can shut my computer down and it still downloads stuff to the seedbox or my pc needs to be on?
Your local PC does not need to be switched on in order for your seedbox to download. All you do is connect to your seedbox, load the torrent files you want to download and then it starts downloading... You can then disconnect your PC from the seedbox and your seedbox will continue to download.

If you want to seed a torrent from your seedbox then you'll need to FTP up your files (FLAC, VOB etc) from your local PC to the Seedbox and then you can use the seedbox to seed your torrent.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble