The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2010-05-20, 11:18 PM
Trainwreckin' Fool
615.69 GB/3.17 TB/5.27

Seeding 10+ Shows?

I've only recently discovered that the tracker limits the number of shows one can seed at any given time. As I am trying to post & seed the nearly every artist to perform on the Denton Arts & Jazz Festival Main Stage; this is rather problematic. I have 25/15mbit FIOS for internet service, and a dedicated audio editing/seed box.

Is there anyway we can talk about this?

Meatwad: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: It is. But we fucking need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic
There's a big difference between getting trashed and disappearing.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2010-05-21, 09:25 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Seeding 10+ Shows?

I have added your name to the list of users allowed to seed more than 10 torrents at a time.

Old 2010-05-21, 10:59 AM
Trainwreckin' Fool
615.69 GB/3.17 TB/5.27

Thank you!
Posted via Opera on Blackberry
Old 2010-05-21, 11:20 AM
1.99 TB/1.77 TB/0.89

^ I bet you were a teacher's pet in school weren't you
Old 2010-05-21, 12:44 PM
Trainwreckin' Fool
615.69 GB/3.17 TB/5.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew101 View Post
^ I bet you were a teacher's pet in school weren't you
nah, not really. i just don't like limitations.

wait a sec, keep your whorin' back where it belongs. back to the lounge sir.

also, seriously thanks Lynne!

Meatwad: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: It is. But we fucking need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic
There's a big difference between getting trashed and disappearing.
Old 2010-05-21, 04:57 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

No problem!

Old 2014-06-09, 10:00 AM
Imitation Leather Jew
126.64 GB/1.02 TB/8.28

Question Connection Limit Rule

I understand the reasoning behind only allowing 20 seeds per user, but this rule kind of assumes that someone is leeching every torrent you're seeding at all times, which is literally never the case(for me, anyway). So the whole "if you're seeding 20 torrents, each torrent is only getting 1/20 of your upload speed" isn't really true in my case(and I imagine most cases).

What this rule does to me is disable torrents I have seeding that could potentially have leechers on them, and instead keep torrents seeding that don't. Unless there's some sort of leecher detection method that determines which torrents to disable due to the connection limit, in which case ignore this thread entirely, but I haven't heard of anything like that. It's also impossible for me to manually monitor which torrents have active leechers and which don't...

So is there anyway to modify this somehow to detect how many torrents a user has seeding that actually have leechers connected? That way, only if you're actually sharing your connection with the maximum number of torrents allowed will any other torrents be disabled. Like I said, if I had 20 torrents going with leechers, I totally understand this rule. As it is now, however, seems to be doing more harm than good(in my case).

Just a thought. Thanks!
Old 2014-06-09, 05:36 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Actually, with the way connection speeds are these days, there really isn't much need to limit the connections any longer.

Old 2014-06-10, 08:33 AM
Imitation Leather Jew
126.64 GB/1.02 TB/8.28

Cool, thanks a lot, Lynne!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions