The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-10-30, 10:35 AM
63.63 GB/371.21 GB/5.83

Firewall / Port Forwarding

I'm having issues seeding a show. This only occurs when it is one of my own torrents. Otherwise I am able to upload/download just fine. FWIW I am using maketorrent2 to generate the torrent file, and Bittornado to seed. I've already tried port forwarding and I believe the router is setup properly for it. This happens for uploading to DAD and TTD.

PM me if you can help. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-10-30, 10:44 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Firewall / Port Forwarding

Is the problem that you are only firewalled when you seed your own torrent? Or are you just having problems seeding your own show? When you upload/seed your own show, try this:
- make sure you do not put the torrent file you made into bittornado
- after you upload the show, download the torrent file from the thread (it will get personalized)
- then, double-click on *that* torrent file to start the torrent
- when it asks where to put the files, point it towards the folder you selected to make the torrent with

Hopefully, that will get you to seeding.

Old 2006-10-30, 12:31 PM
63.63 GB/371.21 GB/5.83

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Is the problem that you are only firewalled when you seed your own torrent? Or are you just having problems seeding your own show? When you upload/seed your own show, try this:
- make sure you do not put the torrent file you made into bittornado
- after you upload the show, download the torrent file from the thread (it will get personalized)
- then, double-click on *that* torrent file to start the torrent
- when it asks where to put the files, point it towards the folder you selected to make the torrent with

Hopefully, that will get you to seeding.
lynne
this is exactly what i have been doing per your advice last time. that resolved my 'bad tracker' issue. but now, my profile changes to 'FIREWALLED' when i try to upload my own torrent. again if i download someone else's torrent, i am able to upload and download w/o issues. so the issue is limited to seeding my own torrents.

thanks.
Old 2006-10-30, 01:00 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hmmm, very strange. When you are downloading someone elses torrent, look in the Peers List and see what port is listed. Then, stop that torrent and start the one you want to seed and see what port is listed under the Peers List. Are they the same port except that you are now firewalled?

Old 2006-11-01, 12:26 PM
63.63 GB/371.21 GB/5.83

thanks for the suggestion. i'll try this next.

although one thing to note, i started a download off of TTD this week, and my profile changed to FIREWALLED. someone was fixing my router 2 wks ago, and they might have done this to me. i';ll see what the deal is.
Old 2006-11-01, 12:57 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You may want to open up a terminal and do 'ipconfig'. That will tell you what your local IP is (192.168.1.xxx). Then, check your router and make sure that IP is listed with the ports you want to have forwarded.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble