The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders

Notices

Good & Bad Traders If you've had either a good or bad experience with a trader here, please let people know.

Old 2012-01-05, 08:34 AM
610.50 GB/218.46 GB/0.36

Question Questionable Trader: Damian K

Did one and only one trade with Damien Kaplita, poland , sent mine, he got them, he sent his, 2 did not play after start, mailed him and he was more interested that i transfer them to desktop and reburn rather than send replacements straight away which would have been nicer, i redid them using my own discs which was a pointless trade, he did sort of offer replacements but only as a last resort if they did not work, but i had to do all the work to get them to work !!, not very impressed sadly, he is not responding to my mails either.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2012-01-05, 04:40 PM
197.33 GB/287.44 GB/1.46

Re: Bad Trader: Damian Kaplita

For the price of media these days, are you really that upset?? For goodness sakes you got your shows for the price of 2 cr-rs or dvd-r's.. Dam!
Old 2012-01-05, 09:59 PM
491.13 GB/783.96 GB/1.60

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoner View Post
For the price of media these days, are you really that upset?? For goodness sakes you got your shows for the price of 2 cr-rs or dvd-r's.. Dam!
It's the principle of the thing. All traders know "how" it works! I would have gone for the jugular over this.
Old 2012-01-06, 06:28 AM
197.33 GB/287.44 GB/1.46

Principles, yea i understand principles.. But really what i want is i get what i traded for! ie the quality advertised!! Not lossy sound or Vcd quality video.. Now that would be over the line to me..
Old 2012-01-07, 02:33 AM
491.13 GB/783.96 GB/1.60

Quote:
what i want is i get what i traded for! ie the quality advertised!! Not lossy sound or Vcd quality video

I agree totally!!
Old 2012-01-08, 04:30 AM
610.50 GB/218.46 GB/0.36

You do a trade, you should not have to put files to desktop and reburn using your own discs again, what is the point of the trade then, thats what the sender advised, i would have said bin them and i will resend new ones straight away, thats trading law (sort of) common decency to do that, he has still to respond, not that i want one.
Old 2012-01-08, 06:16 AM
TTD Staff
519.51 GB/686.89 GB/1.32

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltracy00 View Post
You do a trade, you should not have to put files to desktop and reburn using your own discs again, what is the point of the trade then, thats what the sender advised, i would have said bin them and i will resend new ones straight away, thats trading law (sort of) common decency to do that, he has still to respond, not that i want one.
+1

TRADE:

http://www.antinea25.webs.com
(not updated)

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=61696
(updated)

feedbacks :
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=18915

VERY SELECTIVE SNAIL MAIL AND ONLINE TRADES now

ONLY in search of rare KORN masters or KIM DRACULA videos
Old 2012-01-08, 08:18 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Quote:
Principles, yea i understand principles.. But really what i want is i get what i traded for! ie the quality advertised!! Not lossy sound or Vcd quality video.. Now that would be over the line to me..
if a disc won't play and you have to copy the files to yer comp, there is an error occurring...and 99% of the time the files you copied to yer comp & re-burned copy will contain those errors -- leaving you with what?

NOT the quality advertised, AND yet another "version" of the show polluting the trading pool

this is why:
1) all shows [both audio & video] traded should include the original checksums it was seeded with, which should check out with no errors
2) any errors with a traded disc, whatever they may be, should be replaced with a clean copy by the person who traded it

this is trading 101 stuff...anything other than the above indicates either a new/uneducated trader, or a shitty trader that should be avoided
Old 2012-01-09, 12:14 PM
477.55 GB/482.62 GB/1.01

What stoner said. As for the rest, pure check summed facepalm.
Old 2012-01-10, 03:13 PM
23.33 GB/375.67 MB/0.02

I traded couple of times with him and all went without problem. I think he is a really good trader.
Old 2012-01-10, 07:50 PM
1.12 TB/1.19 TB/1.06

Quote:
Did one and only one trade with Damien Kaplita, poland , sent mine, he got them, he sent his, 2 did not play after start, mailed him and he was more interested that i transfer them to desktop and reburn rather than send replacements straight away which would have been nicer, i redid them using my own discs which was a pointless trade, he did sort of offer replacements but only as a last resort if they did not work, but i had to do all the work to get them to work !!, not very impressed sadly, he is not responding to my mails either.
That could be a DVD-ROM problem. Did you try playing them on different ROMs/SA players?

I have had similar issues before. They are compatibility issues.
You can do like he said, rip them and burn them to another disc, and then trade the ones he sent you. If you can't rip them, then they contain errors and he should resend.

Text file of over 1500 DVDs:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxX3...Q2M/edit?pli=1

Trading status: Canada and USA only-please VERIFY all discs.

http://db.etree.org/public_wantlist....erid=tgunn2760
Old 2012-01-10, 08:20 PM
642.27 GB/2.72 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonebloke View Post
Quote:
It's the principle of the thing. All traders know "how" it works! I would have gone for the jugular over this.
Yeah its the right thing to re-send.

Even if its something really rare -- the sender was going to give out a copy regardless. Aside from a couple bucks at the post office, you're not losing much.
Old 2012-01-11, 04:40 AM
610.50 GB/218.46 GB/0.36

Quote:
so let me ask, if i sent you 30 dicsc and none of them worked and i said to you try the files on your desktop and reburn using your own discs and then not hear from me again, how would you feel ??, yeh the same as me, whether 2 discs or 32 a trade is a trade through to completion, if i sent one disc and was told it was not playable i would send another straight away without fail, thats what trading is about, if you think the way you posted here is correct and would do the same as the sender i had then you cant get many trades or have people wanting to trade with you, just saying
Old 2012-01-11, 04:43 AM
610.50 GB/218.46 GB/0.36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgunn2760 View Post
That could be a DVD-ROM problem. Did you try playing them on different ROMs/SA players?

I have had similar issues before. They are compatibility issues.
You can do like he said, rip them and burn them to another disc, and then trade the ones he sent you. If you can't rip them, then they contain errors and he should resend.
Yes i did, i tried my dvd player, blue ray player because as you know it plays dvd and my pc and they all did the same or similar, it was a bad disc, and was told to put files to drive and reburn.
Old 2012-01-11, 08:45 AM
1.12 TB/1.19 TB/1.06

Quote:
Yes i did, i tried my dvd player, blue ray player because as you know it plays dvd and my pc and they all did the same or similar, it was a bad disc, and was told to put files to drive and reburn.
He should resend.

If they can't play, I assume they can't be ripped either.

Text file of over 1500 DVDs:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxX3...Q2M/edit?pli=1

Trading status: Canada and USA only-please VERIFY all discs.

http://db.etree.org/public_wantlist....erid=tgunn2760

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders