The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-07-02, 06:02 AM
lsmf
11.44 GB/10.00 GB/0.87

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Got a problem with flac files using the shell extension. It just gave me just three options to choose, a "List index out of bounds [0]" - error and blank pages in TLH with no files added.
After messing aound in the registry and Un/re installing some flac related programs I came to the conclusion that winamp is somehow messing up the shell extension created by TLH.
Someday I got winamp + TLH running together without errors, but don't know in which order I installed the programs.
I keep trying with different versions of winamp.

Any suggestions?
thanks
richard
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-07-03, 04:43 AM
lsmf
11.44 GB/10.00 GB/0.87

Ok, installed winamp unchecking "associate with audio files" - it works now together with TLH.
thanks
Old 2006-07-03, 06:36 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by range_hood
Got a problem with flac files using the shell extension. It just gave me just three options to choose, a "List index out of bounds [0]" - error and blank pages in TLH with no files added.
After messing aound in the registry and Un/re installing some flac related programs I came to the conclusion that winamp is somehow messing up the shell extension created by TLH.
Someday I got winamp + TLH running together without errors, but don't know in which order I installed the programs.
I keep trying with different versions of winamp.

Any suggestions?
thanks
richard
Unfortunately the Winamp installer overwrites existing audio files associations in the registry. The installer of Trader's Little Helper does not overwrite / alter registry entries created by other audio programs but adds new entries. So if you install Winamp first and TLH second there won't be any problems.

Robert
Old 2006-07-03, 02:33 PM
49.18 GB/101.14 GB/2.06

my only complaint is that when i created MD5s for FLAC files, the program will not verify the MD5s. I had to use FLACtester. Any chance of this being added?
Old 2006-07-03, 02:41 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

md5 and FLAC "test" mode are two completely different tests

both are working correctly on my TLH installation

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2006-07-03, 11:11 PM
1.81 TB/10.08 TB/5.57

When you open the program, the tab on the left "varify checksum files"
Then click "add" and find the flac fingerprints (Use the dropdown window, sometimes you have to look several folders deep), click "ok" then click "varify"
It's works fine. I use it several times a week.
Thanks Mike

Edit: The exact same steps work for MD5's.
Old 2006-07-10, 12:50 AM
Speedy71471
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Greetings all -

Love TLH... replaces a lot of things I was doing in CMD files.

One thing I did observe... the "test" feature doesn't really work with Shorten files. TLH will report that a corrupt SHN file will decode properly even though it actually had a corrupt block and aborts (you can see the message using command-line shntool).

Dunno if anyone noticed (I know most folks use FLAC these days but I have about 600GBs of SHNs... :wacko:

SS
Old 2006-07-10, 10:23 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy71471
Greetings all -

Love TLH... replaces a lot of things I was doing in CMD files.

One thing I did observe... the "test" feature doesn't really work with Shorten files. TLH will report that a corrupt SHN file will decode properly even though it actually had a corrupt block and aborts (you can see the message using command-line shntool).

Dunno if anyone noticed (I know most folks use FLAC these days but I have about 600GBs of SHNs... :wacko:

SS
Shorten.exe doesn't have any verify option. So I simulated it with "decode to NUL device and see if there's an error message". In other words: TLH decodes the shn file via shorten.exe but no decoded data will be written to your harddisk. Only error messages of shorten.exe will appear in the log window. If TLH reports that a corrupt shn file will decode properly there wasn't any error reported by shorten.exe during decoding.

Robert
Old 2006-07-15, 02:25 AM
Speedy71471
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by roann
Shorten.exe doesn't have any verify option. So I simulated it with "decode to NUL device and see if there's an error message". In other words: TLH decodes the shn file via shorten.exe but no decoded data will be written to your harddisk. Only error messages of shorten.exe will appear in the log window. If TLH reports that a corrupt shn file will decode properly there wasn't any error reported by shorten.exe during decoding.

Robert
If you are interested, I can send you a Shorten file that SHORTEN.EXE 3.51 barfs on but that your algorithm (as describes above) does not catch...

PM me if you want it

SS
Old 2006-07-15, 06:31 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy71471
If you are interested, I can send you a Shorten file that SHORTEN.EXE 3.51 barfs on but that your algorithm (as describes above) does not catch...

PM me if you want it

SS
You are using shorten.exe v3.5.1. Trader's Little Helper comes with shorten.exe v3.6.0 (which is the latest release). Maybe some shn files created with v3.6.0 can not be properly decoded with v3.5.1?

Please send me your file. I've PMd you.

Robert
Old 2006-09-03, 02:13 PM
lsmf
11.44 GB/10.00 GB/0.87

At this time I use TLH most for verifying burnt flacs (test encoded files) and shns (md5 check). But verifying via *.md5 takes really much more time on a dvd compared to verifying via "test encoded files". So I figured, maybe doing *.st5 checks on shns would not take that much long.
I tried to create *.st5s for one of the doors dvds currently in the vines forum:

Searched in Explorer for *.shn > selected all files > right click > Traders Little Helper > Create checksum file
But I noticed TLH seems not to be able to handle the file/pathnames. Anyway I tried to "Create" and following error showed up:

It would be great if I could get an st5 of all shns in the root of the disc to verify the burn.

Thank you.
Old 2006-09-04, 02:12 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

range_hood,

thanks for reporting this.

For creating a checksum file a root folder needs to be given. Only files in that folder and its subfolders may be added to the list. This works fine if you do it the "usual way" selecting a root folder / adding files via Browse / Add buttons on the Create checksum file page.

You can fool Trader's Little Helper if you add files the way you did because the app is not able to determine the common root folder for all files passed. I know about this bug. It will be fixed with the new release of Trader's Little Helper that will be out in about four weeks.

BTW creating a st5 checksum needs a lot of time because what has to be calculated is the md5 checksum of the decoded audio data of the audio file.

Robert
Old 2006-09-04, 02:36 PM
lsmf
11.44 GB/10.00 GB/0.87

Thanks Robert.

Actually verifying a set of flac-files (4GB) on a dvd via *.md5 takes about 20 minutes. While "Test encoded files" takes about 8 mins.
I thought maybe doing an *.st5-check would take about the same time less (because of the similar way of testing: decoding the data and checking the sums against each other). Creating st5s isn't that time consuming on my machine.
What are you planning to implement? One st5-file per folder, or one big st5 for one batch? I could live with both.

Thanks
Richard
Old 2006-09-15, 11:03 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Icon4 New release of Trader's Little Helper

There is a new release of Trader's Little Helper (v1.1.0.89). It comes with a big help file that hopefully will answer all your application related questions. Additionally the new version is able to create/verify composite md5 fingerprint files, create torrent files, and create skt files for non-seekable shn files.

As always the setup file of Trader's Little Helper can be downloaded at http://thor.prohosting.com/roh0205/.

Robert
Old 2006-09-15, 12:27 PM
368.77 GB/639.95 GB/1.74

Thanks alot for this roann, the site gives this error when trying to download it however:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /var/www/vhosts/web-upload.com/httpdocs/mysql.php on line 3
ES KONNTE KEINE VERBINDUNG ZU DER MYSQL-DATENBANK HERGESTELLT WERDEN. DIE AUSFÜHRUNG DER SEITE IST BEENDET. ENTSCHULDIGE BITTE DIE STÖRUNG. BITTE SCHREIBE EINE INFORMATION AN [email protected]! VIELEN DANK.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Tags
tlh, traders little helper