The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders

Notices

Good & Bad Traders If you've had either a good or bad experience with a trader here, please let people know.

Old 2005-02-13, 02:01 PM
Busting Ghosts GTA Style
111.64 GB/101.11 GB/0.91

Question Questionable Trader: Kingwalther

I'm too sure if this is posted in the right forum but since this is where I contacted this dude I thought I should post this here

Kingwalther is BAD TRADER
his original post: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ead.php?t=1937
his website: http://kingwalther.web-log.nl/

I traded him.....
Black Crowes w/ Jimmy Page - 10/19/99 - Greek Theatre
Page & Plant - Eternal Burning 3 DVD set
Radiohead - Glastonbury Festival 2003
Radiohead - Le Réservoir 2003

for....
david bowie 50 birthday dvd bootleg (2dvd) (1997)
guns & roses welcome to the riot show 1991 dvd bootleg
queen on fire live @ the bowl 2 dvd
destiny's child world tour 2004

when the DVDs finally arrived (& it took ages considering he is only in Holland & I'm in Ireland), there were several things wrong
1. Destiny's Child DVD was an official DVD
2. Queen DVD was an official DVD (the recently released Live at the Bowl)
3. no GnR DVDs in the package

I have emailed him repeatedly to try & sort this out but no joy. He claimed that he 'didn't know' that you weren't meant to trade Official DVDs & since then I haven't a word from him.

Please avoid this man - he's an idiot

Last edited by squire23; 2005-02-16 at 04:10 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-02-13, 02:37 PM
Eater of Babies
5.95 GB/875.14 MB/0.14

Re: Kingwalther is BAD TRADER

I dunno.....not really my place to talk here I guess but I will anyway. The guy just sounds new, maybe he didn't read the FAQ. I don't know how you expect him to rectify this situation. I've received official dvds in trades one or two times. It's not a big deal just tell them they shouldn't be trading official shows.
Old 2005-02-13, 05:35 PM
Busting Ghosts GTA Style
111.64 GB/101.11 GB/0.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyzak
I dunno.....not really my place to talk here I guess but I will anyway. The guy just sounds new, maybe he didn't read the FAQ. I don't know how you expect him to rectify this situation. I've received official dvds in trades one or two times. It's not a big deal just tell them they shouldn't be trading official shows.
In relation to the official DVDs I just told that he should not be trading them & that he should take them off his list but he also didn't deliver on my GnR show & mislead me about the Queen show. I realise that the shows are a write off & that I won't ever see them but I just wanted to post him cause If nothing else I find it extremely irratating when these kind of guys just plain ignore you
Old 2005-02-13, 07:49 PM
Eater of Babies
5.95 GB/875.14 MB/0.14

I hear ya on that man........didn't realize he'd been ignoring ya, no excuse for that really.
Old 2005-02-13, 08:57 PM
MetalPrincess
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

On the official DVD's, you should of done your homework on those and checked to see if they were official before making the agreement on them. Some traders have official stuff on their list that has been put out of print and is now considered ok to trade. I realize its not always easy to find the official DVD's with all the official stuff that is out and about and its hard to find them on the web to do a little research first. I realize that's a pain in the ass, but its needed sometimes if you don't want officials. I trade a different kind of music but I have looked into what official and what's not in the genre of music I trade so I don't get officials when I see them on a list. Telling the other trader they are officials is a good way to let them know about it if they didn't know already and in some cases they may know in advance they may not. As for not sending you the complete package, that's not a good thing. You should of gotten what you asked for from him. But maybe he forgot it or whatever. Who knows. Some traders are more scatter brained than others As for ignoring you, that sucks and you are right its irratating as all hell. Hopefully you guys can work this out in the end.

Just a side note: Looking at his post that you put in your post, he has many officials on it.

MP
Old 2005-02-14, 03:25 PM
I still haven't found...
20.74 GB/22.54 GB/1.09

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPrincess
On the official DVD's, you should of done your homework on those and checked to see if they were official before making the agreement on them....its not always easy to find the official DVD's...I realize that's a pain in the ass, but its needed sometimes if you don't want officials....as for not sending you the complete package, that's not a good thing. You should of gotten what you asked for from him.
Yep, all the above is what I was going to say. Avoiding getting official DVD's in trade is entirely your responsibility - you must do the research prior to setting up the trade.

But that's a different item from the guy not sending you what you agreed on and then ignoring you - that's never good
Old 2005-02-16, 04:10 AM
Busting Ghosts GTA Style
111.64 GB/101.11 GB/0.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster
Yep, all the above is what I was going to say. Avoiding getting official DVD's in trade is entirely your responsibility - you must do the research prior to setting up the trade.

But that's a different item from the guy not sending you what you agreed on and then ignoring you - that's never good
I DID do my homework on the Queen DVD - I was led to believe that it was a pre-TV broadcast version as found on the official DVD. Meaning that it was an unedited, warts & all version of the show. As for the Destiny's Child DVD....well, I was getting that for daughter & since she's happy either way it's all the same
Old 2005-02-17, 06:30 PM
1.81 TB/10.08 TB/5.57

Re: Kingwalther is a BAD TRADER

Some people have offical releases on there list by mistake. I have over 2000 audio shows now, and how can you keep up with them. I used to think I would know every song on every disk. This have gotten way out of hand, and I can't even find some of them. I also started my lists for myself, and I started with the easy stuff, commercial videos, and havn't got around to makeing seperate list like I did with CDs.
Thanks MIke

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders