The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-06-20, 11:46 AM
christopherlee711
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Question Difficulty downloading

I'm new to the den, and am having a little trouble getting started, despite going through the FAQ's and trying to figure it out on my own. I'm trying to download "sublime 1994-11-14 memories - tressel tavern - everett, wa (FLAC)" and keep getting the [errno 2] message. I have cleared all temporary internet files, logged off and back on, and continue to have the same problem. What can I do to fix this error? Thanks for any help.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-06-20, 12:03 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Difficulty downloading

What bittorrent client are you using? Maybe you should try another one and see if that gets rid of the error.

Generally liked clients:
uTorrent (PC)
Azureus (PC, Mac, Linux)
BitTorrent (PC, Mac, Linux)

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-06-20, 01:05 PM
christopherlee711
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I'm using bit torrent on my pc, and haven't had any problems with it before at etree.
Old 2006-06-20, 01:11 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hmmm, did you save the torrent file to your harddrive instead of just launching it from the thread? I did look at the files names, and one of them has brackets which may be part of the problem. Have you posted in the thread to see if anyone else is having problems downloading the show with bittorrent on a PC?

Old 2006-06-20, 01:40 PM
christopherlee711
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

i saved it to the hard drive. i'm able to d/l other things from the den. how can i correct the bracket problem, b/c that seems to be the issue, then? i posted on the thread for the show about my problem and haven't had a reply yet.
Old 2006-06-20, 03:08 PM
christopherlee711
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

i tried downloading a new version of bittorrent and it solved the problem... thanks for your help.
Old 2006-06-20, 03:13 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherlee711
i saved it to the hard drive. i'm able to d/l other things from the den. how can i correct the bracket problem, b/c that seems to be the issue, then? i posted on the thread for the show about my problem and haven't had a reply yet.
Well, I'm not totally sure it is the bracket problem, I just saw that on the error page it mentions the brackets. However, it mentions square '[]' brackets, not regular '()' brackets and it looks like one of the show names has just regular brackets in it. I've never experienced that problems because Azureus on a Mac is fine with things like that.

What is the full error that you get in the client (open up the log and then write it down here).

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble